Re: A very simple method to greatly reduce hacking...

by Warp1O

Original Post

★ Guide

Your idea is good but flawed,

As a player who doesn't cheat, why do I have to spend money in order to play the game fairly as it should have been from the start.

And this will send a terrible message, especially to EA.

Can you imagine what they can do with this?

Message 11 of 19 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Warp1O I would say most cheaters buy the battle pass too because I've learned they're grinding exp at other players' expense, not enjoy Apex. Level caps could help, but then you have a new issue; new players facing cheaters all day. Cheaters will be remaking accounts and playing against other cheaters and ruining new player experience on level capped servers. So unfortunately even though it's a good idea, it's another botched solution.

Message 12 of 19 (396 Views)

Message 13 of 19 (355 Views)

★ Guide

I will support a Ping Limit its horrible to play against Ping Abusers. Easyest way I think that the Data Center didnt Show Servers with higher Ping 100 so you cant choose them.

I understand that my Idea is not an absolute solution but it will help and players with higher levels will get a better experience in rnd games. There are so many Reasons that it is no fun to

play with low levels all day. I see many players who skip their team if they see a low or 2 in their Team. I hope time penalty for Leavers find their way back in the Game soon ;-)

Message 14 of 19 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Your ping limit idea is great for people in North America and Europe...

Until 5G hits.

But lets assume a ping limit would fix the problem for you.

What about the people in Asia in Neighboring countries? Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, etc...

They would still have to deal with hackers from China.

EDIT: The solution I present is literally the best I can think of because 20 USD, to the average Chinese person, is 20 - 40 lunches depending on where he or she lives.

Message 15 of 19 (317 Views)

★★ Pro

it would be better to give ea 100 dollars they give back to you when you stop playing for a month and they close your account.

make it 200, and if your caught hacking they keep your 200, or donate it to Detroit SPCA to take care of mongrel dogs and cats, or something like a charity..

Message 16 of 19 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BinGeHD I think the idea of "prime" matchmaking is good. However, paying for a "prime" matchmaking may not go over well with the public.

I do believe in creating a "prime" matchmaking system that is enabled when users verify information (such as phone number, email, 2-factor authentication, etc). Other steam games have implemented this and I believe it reduces cheaters 10-fold in that queue compared to normal queue.
Message 17 of 19 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BinGeHD

Well,

If you really want to fix cheating it won't be nice nor cheap...
Because if an area has such a High demand for cheats it means people
are also willing to buy/use them.

Phone number & Email authentication are a good start though as
PlzBuffMozambiqu mentioned. (lol like your name btw^^)

If you want Security

-ID check (5$)

-An ISP/IP registration with a cross-checking process of the ID.
with max 2 users per connection would be a good start. (cost10$)

-Register hardware numbers of your rig to the IPs given by your ISP. (5$)

-In combination with a bank account check as PayPal uses would be useful. (kids can ask their parents) (10$)

Only use a Bank account that exists longer than 3-4 months. And only banks that have an ID authentication process.

-Might not want to use all online banks some are shifty.
The cost for an apex registration would then be 20-40$$$
cause it would be way too much work to register all players for free.

Anyway, I would only even consider this If a game is flooded by cheaters.
That's why I'm asking is it really that bad???
Also, this might not even be legal in some countries and all internet cafes in China would not be happy about this.

But if that's what you/ we have to do these days to play a fair game then woah I think we are basically ******...

Message 18 of 19 (266 Views)

★★ Expert

@OneEyeYarric 

imo, the player base would drop significantly here in China. Especially if there was an ID check (parents won't let their kids have access to their #...mainly minors) and hardware register (the int cafes would be like "hell no" cause if one idiot installs that hack, the whole cafe gets rubbed out)

Yeah, phone number and email is a good start. But here, and probably other countries in Asia, It would take me approx 4 minutes to set up a new account and go downstairs and buy a new sim card(pay per use). Pretty easy to repeat the process if one gets busted for cheating.

Many ppl don't have credit cards, but like on Steam, you could use debit, credit or here in China we can use Wechat.

100% this would deter most of the cheaters as they would likely move onto the next f2p game. Some would still stick around cause they have nothing but time and $ to burn.

It would just come down to convenience, accessibility to funds and authentication /identification. To some, it's not worth the hassle.

Heart

Message 19 of 19 (233 Views)