A tale for all

by DK9027

Original Post

A tale for all

★★★ Pro

I've asked what everyone's worst weapon is, now I'm wondering what your greatest moments were. The plays and clutches that cause you to continuously return to this game to put your self through the pain and suffering in a masochistic manner In order to replicate the moments you remember most.

For me two situations come to mind.

Tale one, the Solo solution-

When the solo mode was released I was eager to try with my new unlocked mirage thinking I could prolong my survival  for a few seconds by bamboozling my enemies. I decided for my first game to drop in thunderdome, with the lack of loot at the time and open space, I figured I'd be the lone legend to from the area. I managed to scrounge together a decent inventory and made my way to skulltown in hopes of easy prey. 

However when I arrived I was ambushed in nearly every direction by people who had the same plan as me, and the vultures were plentiful from the surrounding areas and soon made skulltown a warzone once again. Having made my retreat I made my way to market to lick my wounds but I heard more foot steps and after what just happen I was far too timid to fight again. I ran through the cave to cascades ashamed and bruised, my confidence shattered. Thinking there was no way to win all hope seemed lost.

But in that moment papa grande (the name for the leviathan captain typho coined) bellowed out a thunderous battle cry as if he were a higher being whos favor I gained. "Papa grande rise!" He lifted his foot and granted upon me a gold body shield. No sooner I grabbed it and headed for higher ground. Taking a defensive position I rethought my strategy. (Cowardly camping.) I heard more foot steps, it was a bloodhound crouch walking with what looked like a havoc. "Ah I see you've played hidey shooty before." Before he could react I annihilated him with my r-301 and at the moment the sleeping dragon was awakened. 

I made my way towards artillery finding another bloodhound over a fresh elimination and perfectly ambushed his expert hunter self. The spoils were mine, I then took the jump tower and like a mighty wyvern over the african plains soared to high ground. There were two other people left and a care package in full view. I decided to risk it for the biscuit and was granted a mastiff by the apex gods, and took shelter in the building near the tunnel. There was one man in the tunnel, one on high ground and I was caught in the middle. Until the zone pushed us closer I used my decoys to waste their ammo. When the time came I erupted from the building like a dragon from his lair (have I made it obvious yet I like Dragons haha) and took out the tunnel man and soon bamboozled the the other to eliminate him with the mastiff, winning my first game of solos.

Tale two duos despair

It was my last game of duos and I suggested lav fissure for a chill start, I chose bloodhound and my teammate chose Bangalore, a perfect combo. That is until Bangalore decided to drop solo on train without alerting me, got knocked and left.once again I was alone, left to scavenge the scraps of others for most of the game. Armed with a longbow, a spitfire, and a blue body shield I took shelter in one of the train cars above train yard. But it was lucky for me to snipe at my leisure while others fought in the distance.

Twice my fortress was invaded and twice they were repelled giving me their valued loot.with the last few squads fighting below me I was able to snipe the caustic and Bangalore as the other two squads battled. I decided to wait till they were at theyr weakest.

With the octane of the final squad knocked I leaped forward onto to lifeline as she healed with the zone at her back securing victory and the coveted badge

The moral of the story is while you should always strive to be social, and compromise with others, sometimes your best friend is yourself 

Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: A tale for all

★★★★★ Expert

hoodle the doodle

I would love to share but I don't remember.

Message 2 of 4 (264 Views)

Champion

@Worst_Forum  Oh aye? But you must have had a good match at some point? Which is what this topics about. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

@DK9027 I just had one.. land I get no gun and there are multiple teams all around me. It’s pure chaos. I’m the last guy standing from my squad and have been punching like crazy. There are two enemy left and they both have guns. I proceed to pull a Neo and dodge most of their shots knocking both. I revive my mates and we get 4th partied and die. Match summary, 480 damage and 4 kills with nothing but punching. I was sort of happy we died because I got to see my punching damage totals.

My other biggest clutch was on WE in the canyon next to sorting factory. I was wraith. We get into a fight my mates go down, I pull off a 1vs3. I revive the path then the mirage. Right as I heal up we get third partied. Mirage foes down and rage quits. Pathy helps a bit but gets knocked again. I finish off the enemy squad. Get the path up, he heals and now we have a 4th party. Path knocks one but then gets down again. I proceed to kill the other 2 enemy. We walk out of there with gold everything and solid purple guns. Match summary 9 kills 2100 damage and a friend request from the pathfinder.

My other big clutch, we land at Mirage voyage. Get the vault key and fly into the vault. As we are going up the jump tower I see a squad running into the cave entrance. So I fly on top of the metal tower right at the caves entrance. My squad mates land right on the enemy and get melted before they can get their guns out. I start sniping away. The enemy gets third partied. So I throw a portal down from the top of the tower to my mates. They portal up I throw thermite onto the portal entrance and revive both. As they are healing the enemy starts taking my portal and I’m sitting there with a prowler melting them. They get healed we jump down and finish off the third party.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)