A strange case of Crypto v Crypto

by Extremejinks

Original Post

A strange case of Crypto v Crypto

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

So I was recently playing Crypto and looting around the cluster of buildings East of Mirage Voyage in duos (was alone after teammate died and was carried away by the train) when I heard an enemy nearby. I continued to take them down and they immediately disconnected before I could thirst.

At that exact moment I heard an enemy Crpyto drone being recalled. Since the drone hadn't spotted me and (whom I assumed was) the guy's teammate hadn't stayed in the game long enough to relay my position, I knew it was safe enough to hide in a corner and use my own drone to find this other Crypto.

After 30s of looking around, no luck, and this other Crypto drone showed up (didn't see where from) and began to do exactly as I was. Now the main issue here is us Crypto mains find our targets by listening for footsteps through the drone, but because we were both standing still it made our respective jobs a lot harder.

Eventually his drone stopped so I took the opportunity to get of mine and shoot it out of the sky. At this point, I only had to wait.

40ish seconds later and I see his drone fly in again, this Tien I see it come from the North-East towards Train Yard cave. So I send my drone over that-a ways and lo and behold I spot the *, crouched just on the edge of the canyon. I make my move.

Managing to avoid the eye of his drone, I rush towards his location and spot him moving towards Harvester. After emptying a magazine from my trusty havoc and a couple of shots with my HP P-2020 and he's eliminated! Finally!

Only thing that was left to do was stand over his box and give home the good old...

"You thought you were better than me, now you know the truth."

All in all a rather... unique engagement.

Message 1 of 6 (319 Views)

Re: A strange case of Crypto v Crypto

@Extremejinks Seen some really interesting Crypto plays, but it's rare to find a good Crypto. I wish they would communicate with me through their mics more. I would be more than happy to cover for them when they are going to EMP or do what ever. He's definitely a legend who really needs to communicate with their teammates.

Few weeks back I played with one really amazing crypto player. I happened to be playing as Bang. We were both on the same page the entire round and playing into each other legends abilities. I'd pop smoke he'd throw up his drone, park it quickly and we'd melt the squad..

Just be careful when you're on the drone, I've been playing Bloodhound a lot more lately. I've definitely found more than my fair share of Cryptos on their drones as soon as I hear it go up I scan and/or hit my ult.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (280 Views)

Champion

Bloodhounds scan is just a pain in general now lmao, regularly screws up my ambush creeps as rev. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag It’s saved me on more than one occasion.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (255 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Extremejinks Nice story ;D did you T-bag him as well?

@DarthValtrex yea if you have a good one, it’s amazing... but 95%... basically the same rate as useless teammates suck. When I see someone picking him (which is already rare) they suck with him. You can even tell by stats...
Message 5 of 6 (241 Views)

★★ Guide

Yesssss..... @Extremejinks You and I are of the same mindset, my friend.

Message 6 of 6 (185 Views)