Re: A solution need to be found for solo players

by Jem450R

Original Post

★ Pro

Band-aid? No its called a solution, from day one devs have said its a SQUAD game, there will be no solos... so the solution is to use the VAST amount of resources to find players to team with. To discount that is lazy and winging for something they said would never come...

Im as anti social as you can get, and i have 0 problems finding people to play with... and have made many friends out of randoms. Dont be lazy and quit asking for solos... its been how long since the game released?

Message 11 of 24 (507 Views)

@Jem450R you are on Xbox right? When we teaming up?
Message 12 of 24 (476 Views)

Champion

@Jem450R  To be fair, they dangled the idea of solo modes as a possibility for quite a while before changing their minds.

It definitely wasn't because they "hate" solo players as implied in another post lol, but it has created this demand for it.

Maybe as a compromise they could've have picked a timeframe with the highest player traffic, e.g the weekend and had solo as a weekend event.

We'd still see complaining but at least it would've been something.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 24 (458 Views)

★ Expert
@Jem450R it is a bandaid solution as they're not dealing with the main problems(getting paired with teammates way below your skill level forcing you to babysit them the entire match and leavers both of which can be easily fixed by proper matchmaking and repeat leaver penalty) instead you're forced to use methods that are supposed to be optional just so you can enjoy the game. I don't really care much for solos and think that it might even split the playerbase leading to longer queue times but please for the love of god fix the matchmaking and punish consistent leavers so I'm not forced to play rank mode just so my teammates won't immediately quit the moment they go down.
Message 14 of 24 (420 Views)

★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag they had what... 1 or 2 solo events? I believe they've said the numbers just dont support it. Id be ok with LTM, but if they added solos permentaly now they have to meta the game towards a whole different play style... and that detracts from the core game they invision. Aaaaannnddd it hasnt always been smooth changing one meta 😂

@Daze623 its kinda hard to fix... people... i agree sometimes you scratch your head at the teammates you get, but i do that in a lot of games.... ever play warzone? They could amp the punishment system to detract from leavers, and tweak matchmaking, but sometimes just who is queuing at that time vs players needs/not wanting longer lobby wait times(because then there'd be 100 of those threads) they match the best they can to get a game going. I pretend its an honor to get low levels, and try to carry them/help them learn. Ive made good friends out of complete noobs that just didnt understand the game until someone helped them. NOT all noobs are salvageable 🤣🤷‍♂️ i uninstalled the game the first time i played it i was so frustrated trying to learn... eventually reinstalled and found some randos that helped explain stuff and off i went!

@aisthebestletter my GT is same on xbox as it is here, will admit i havent played very many games for about the past month as the weather has turned warm, and im a retail manager and reopening post covid has eaten up all my free time... its litterally busier then during the holidays! But add me, if im on im down for a game! Below is my main summer hobby... planes and helicopters... this is my newest addition, goes 120+mph! 

Message 15 of 24 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Jem450R  I'd be fine with newbies if I was playing casual mode but I just can't help but feel robbed when I play rank and I get a gold 4 and plat 4 low level teammates in a lobby where there are Master-Predator trails going out of the jump ship. But yeah it is what it is and there's really nothing much else to do but wait and hope things would change for the better. I did try warzone but there's so many cheaters(I think the cheaters here in Apex moved there) so I just uninstalled after a few days. Frown

Message 16 of 24 (375 Views)

★ Pro

@Daze623 what platform are you on? Just curious, i dont play ranked a whole lot just because i dont put that much time into it... but the mixed lobbies i have to believe are just to get games going due to lack of players at the higher levels. It sucks, but otherwise it might be a 10 minute queue to get games going 🤷‍♂️ and i totally agree about the cheaters in warzone, which is what makes me anxious about crossplay in apex... if i cant seperate from pc lobbies...

Message 17 of 24 (347 Views)

★ Expert
@Jem450R I play on PC. There's not that many cheaters(or atleast in servers I play on). I usually run into them 1 in 50 games. I'd be fine with mix lobbies if they compensated points to those that got low rank teammates but sadly they don't.
Message 18 of 24 (338 Views)

Champion

@Jem450R  Yeah I get that, the fundamental difference between apex and warzone though is the player numbers per match.

Warzone literally needs crossplay to keep the matches populated quickly.

Apex won't....so frankly If crossplay is forced that would be utter stupidity on Respawns part.

I'm honestly pretty confident crossplay will be optional.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 24 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's once again thing with supply vs demand, when less then 1% of playerbase is actually really good and most of them are already in premade there is not many of us left out there in soloqueue, but being platinum4 and playing against dia3+ teams is really fustrating, and once you hit dia3 yourself, you're paired with plat4's to play in these lobbies. there is never high rank teammates to go around for you while your rank is just number that  has nothing to do with lobbies you're playing in

Message 20 of 24 (300 Views)