Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

by Jimmahwd
Reply

Original Post

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★ Guide

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag and how is fortnite doing now? And how is apex doing now?

 

When apex came out fortnite did not even come close to experiencing the sort of decline that apex is currently going through

 

Fortnite has remained steady and solidly holds the number one spot while apex has rapidly fallen. Apex could easily still be climbing right now if they had done what is obviously required to continue ascension: add new content frequently and regularly

 

They refused, and here we are. Apex going down, fortnite going strong

 

I dont even play fortnite in fact i hate it but facts are facts you cannot deny the content strategy in fortnite is far superior to that of apex’s major seasonal update strategy which has already been proven as a failure based on its current decline. 


This is all good information if it's based on facts. Where are the stats you're claiming? Where is the decline other than the one Googled image from two months ago? Is this claim based on researchable information or the same 20 people on a forum claiming APEX is declining? I will happily jump to the other side of the argument if people can provide solid, researchable evidence supporting this miraculous decline. But with that comes another number - how many people are still playing consistently? And how many people have permanently quit? When we have all this information, we can all have an educated discussion. Until then, everything is based on feelings, and unfortunately, how you feel doesn't affect the game. Simple as that.

Message 11 of 31 (204 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag and how is fortnite doing now? And how is apex doing now?

 

When apex came out fortnite did not even come close to experiencing the sort of decline that apex is currently going through

 

Fortnite has remained steady and solidly holds the number one spot while apex has rapidly fallen. Apex could easily still be climbing right now if they had done what is obviously required to continue ascension: add new content frequently and regularly

 

They refused, and here we are. Apex going down, fortnite going strong

 

I dont even play fortnite in fact i hate it but facts are facts you cannot deny the content strategy in fortnite is far superior to that of apex’s major seasonal update strategy which has already been proven as a failure based on its current decline. 


This is all good information if it's based on facts. Where are the stats you're claiming? Where is the decline other than the one Googled image from two months ago? Is this claim based on researchable information or the same 20 people on a forum claiming APEX is declining? I will happily jump to the other side of the argument if people can provide solid, researchable evidence supporting this miraculous decline. But with that comes another number - how many people are still playing consistently? And how many people have permanently quit? When we have all this information, we can all have an educated discussion. Until then, everything is based on feelings, and unfortunately, how you feel doesn't affect the game. Simple as that.


https://www.gamesradar.com/how-many-people-play-fortnite/

 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/5007/apex-legends-losing-players-caused-twitch-viewers...

 

Based on the information that we have apex is in decline. I find it odd they are not releasing player numbers anymore when they did as the game was rising. Obviously if it were continuing to grow they would release those numbers as an advertisement for how many people are playing this game

 

Apex is in decline. If you refuse to accept or admit that then you are simply being ignorant and foolish. Dont deny something thats staring you in the face

 

Look it up yourself you’ll find plenty of articles like this that talk about the decline of apex i only put one here because one is enough

Message 12 of 31 (194 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★ Guide

Nah, even i dont like to play fortnite, but when comes to marketing and developing, they are better than any game companies.

Message 13 of 31 (193 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★ Guide

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag and how is fortnite doing now? And how is apex doing now?

 

When apex came out fortnite did not even come close to experiencing the sort of decline that apex is currently going through

 

Fortnite has remained steady and solidly holds the number one spot while apex has rapidly fallen. Apex could easily still be climbing right now if they had done what is obviously required to continue ascension: add new content frequently and regularly

 

They refused, and here we are. Apex going down, fortnite going strong

 

I dont even play fortnite in fact i hate it but facts are facts you cannot deny the content strategy in fortnite is far superior to that of apex’s major seasonal update strategy which has already been proven as a failure based on its current decline. 


This is all good information if it's based on facts. Where are the stats you're claiming? Where is the decline other than the one Googled image from two months ago? Is this claim based on researchable information or the same 20 people on a forum claiming APEX is declining? I will happily jump to the other side of the argument if people can provide solid, researchable evidence supporting this miraculous decline. But with that comes another number - how many people are still playing consistently? And how many people have permanently quit? When we have all this information, we can all have an educated discussion. Until then, everything is based on feelings, and unfortunately, how you feel doesn't affect the game. Simple as that.


https://www.gamesradar.com/how-many-people-play-fortnite/

 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/5007/apex-legends-losing-players-caused-twitch-viewers...

 

Based on the information that we have apex is in decline. I find it odd they are not releasing player numbers anymore when they did as the game was rising. Obviously if it were continuing to grow they would release those numbers as an advertisement for how many people are playing this game

 

Apex is in decline. If you refuse to accept or admit that then you are simply being ignorant and foolish. Dont deny something thats staring you in the face

 

Look it up yourself you’ll find plenty of articles like this that talk about the decline of apex i only put one here because one is enough


I appreciate the effort for sure! The first article has a generic comment about APEX, but I will admit it gives the concurrent players on Fortnite:

"Since the game only released in February, that is phenomenally quick growth, but it has a long way to go before it reaches Epic's generation-defining game."

 

The second link just has a speculation:

"While this isn't an official count of Apex Legends players, there is a high probability that an overall decline in interest in the game by it losing players has resulted in it losing the insane viewership numbers it gathered when it was first released."

 

Unfortunately, "probability" isn't reality. Twitch viewership doesn't represent the player base across all consoles. A decline is a steady path down with no way up. That's not the case with APEX at all. To have such a huge launch, target some of the bigger issues, release a Battle Pass, character, and gun, AND plan for Season 2 in a span of 2-3 months - that's pretty good. It's definitely not a perfect game - I won't defend that stance at all. But to say a game is declining after such a short amount of time isn't smart... Imagine if scientists only used two months worth of data to let you know if you were deathly sick or not... I'd rather have a year's worth of consistent data before any assumptions are made. This game hasn't been out long enough, had enough updates, or figured out enough bugs to know where it's headed. Right now, people gravitate towards other people with similar opinions. If a group wants solos, suddenly 30 people group together and say the game's trash until it gets solos. The thing about negativity is it spreads much faster than positivity. If you read up and down the forums, it's factual to say the people who enjoy the game and have the best things to say aren't posting nearly as much as the ones with issues. That's just how it goes. And ultimately, that's the first thing people see when they look at the forums, so they start unconsciously forming an opinion before they even think about it. 

 

Those two links didn't convince me of anything. I'll keep looking for facts to back up this "decline" though!  

Message 14 of 31 (182 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag and how is fortnite doing now? And how is apex doing now?

 

When apex came out fortnite did not even come close to experiencing the sort of decline that apex is currently going through

 

Fortnite has remained steady and solidly holds the number one spot while apex has rapidly fallen. Apex could easily still be climbing right now if they had done what is obviously required to continue ascension: add new content frequently and regularly

 

They refused, and here we are. Apex going down, fortnite going strong

 

I dont even play fortnite in fact i hate it but facts are facts you cannot deny the content strategy in fortnite is far superior to that of apex’s major seasonal update strategy which has already been proven as a failure based on its current decline. 


The fact that Fortnite did decline when Apex released and whether or not Apex has declined since then, only shows that players migrate between games. Which means that they will migrate back to Apex again. Game producers know all this already because it's happened for a long time. Maybe not as dramatically as this but I'm sure the developers have a pretty good handle on what the gaming blancmange is going to do next. 



I do not work for EA. I'm a volunteer. Angel


If my post was helpful or contained useful information please give XP. Wizard


If my post was very helpful or answered your question 'Accept as Solution'. High five

Message 15 of 31 (177 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 You’ll never be convinced anyways because you’re ignorant to whats staring you in the face as i said

 

My goal was not to convince you because i dont care whether or not you agree with me. I simply posted those to show that you are wrong

 

Respawn is no longer releasing player count numbers because if they did the decline would be quantified and they obviously dont want that. You dont have the ability to put two and two together, thats not my problem its yours

Message 16 of 31 (171 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★★★ Apprentice

Games decline after release. Fact.

Fortnite declined after release. 

Player numbers dropped after 3 months of release. 

Just like Apex.

There's a pattern here somewhere. 

I'm sure.

 

Message 17 of 31 (166 Views)
Highlighted

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

[Removed by CM]

Message 18 of 31 (164 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Come on guys, you all not working for EA and why you people getting stressed debating regarding 'decline'? This kinda matter only EA need to be responsible and its not for us to debate their company situation. There are people are getting paid for this, let them handle.

Message 19 of 31 (160 Views)

Re: A simple solution to the decline of Apex

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CheefQweeph wrote:

Content for console players maybe. PC players can barely find a single match that doesn't contain multiple cheaters.
Apex is going to die as fast as it came in on PC as pretty soon it's just going to be lobbies full of cheaters trying to out aimbot each other.



I have literally seen multiple times when it was cheaters fighting cheaters for in the last 2-3 squads while spectating an aim botter. 
Message 20 of 31 (181 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help