A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Respawn)

by Neg3v

Original Post

Re: A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Resp

★★★ Expert
@Neg3v There are many issues with solo mode that would only hurt the game: balancing difference between legends and their classes, features like ping system, respawn beacons, reviving and voice lines becoming redundant, the RNG factor becoming too strong, impacting negatively the team play meta, illegal teaming, playerbase splitting, performance issues affecting servers when having too many of the same legends dropping ultimates at the same time in a small area and so on. Respawn knew about these potential issues way before the Iron Crown event, but still, they wanted to be sure if the numbers confirm these guesses. Well, it seems like they did, but you probably won't ever see the data backing this up. It's usually not for the public eye, as it can expose them to the competition.

Solos will probably return in a future ltm, in a different form that adresses some of the issues above.
Message 11 of 22 (389 Views)

Re: A question for EA_David, the community manager (and everyone of Respawn)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-QI can't tell what you mean tho. I am stressed after playing Valorant for the last 4 hours oof.

Message 12 of 22 (370 Views)

Re: A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Resp

★★ Pro

There is none issue with solos mode.

Game balance is not a problem, because Respawn already said they are doing their balance stuff based on trios(team) mode.

So people won`t have the right to complain about imbalance, because legends are balanced based around 3v3 mode. I like to have Solos mode in the game, and i got no problem that the certain legends are stronger. There is still a tier list, even in the current team based modes, so i don`t see how this is a issue.

Let me actually copy my other comment on that topic:

Not a good reason as well. The game is not balancing around duos, but we still have that mode as permanent. Just put a note, that is a team game, and its not balanced around SOLOS, and let everyone choose what mode to play. If he is not happy with the solo go play duo or trios.

RNG factor being too strong, based on what exactly? RNG factor is strong on any mode, so i don`t see how this is an issue.

Teaming should not be an issue, because there is a lot in duos and trios. Again if you don`t like the solo mode, go play duos or trios, no one obligate you to play solo mode if you don`t like it.

I don`t see how it will split player base ? Performance issue affecting servers, really? The thing you write have no sense at all, at this supposedly issue ....

Solos mode will bring just positive for the game.

Message 13 of 22 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp From the other thread where you found out something due to that thread just recently or how you discovered something a month ago xD.

So... I take it you got your bum handed to you on valorant? Why you not playing spellbreak?
Message 14 of 22 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q Lmao, now I know what u meant hahaha. Being high has refreshed my memory(the exact opposite of what actually happens Wondering). I can be so forgetful sometimes Large smile

Yea, now I know how bad my aim actually is. I can't do flicks, quick scoping, etc and my response time is low. The good side to playing Valorant:-

1.128 Hz servers

2.No lag whatsoever

3.No more frustration, toxic feelings unlike Apex. At the end of every match, I tell myself how bad I am. I am getting obliterated but I kind of like it. 

4.144 fps lolz(on my average PC Wink). I think it was 120ish but you get the gist.

5.Overall, positive experience so far

Spellbreak? Is that a game or something? Tongue out

Message 15 of 22 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Lolz for some ppl it does that :P

I hear good stuff. That’s good. Enjoy it while you can. Just did my daily login... 8 horrific matches. By horrific I mean matches ranging from worthless teammates with lucky matches to teammates who knew what they were doing but we got taken out so horrendously... xD

It’s a BR mixed with RPG elements. Give it a look.
Message 16 of 22 (308 Views)

★★★ Expert
@LordloshBang Game balance will be a problem for sure. Best example is, ironically, solos, which was not intended for Apex as it's a team game, yet so many cry about it for months. Do you really think a hint about solos being unbalanced will work for the playerbase, when so many hints about the game being team oriented failed?

RNG weighs stronger in solos, simply because you have less control. In a team, there's pinging, reviving, respawning, sharing loot, ,team composition, rotations and other strategies that can't be applied in solo mode.

Not sure if you were around during Iron Crown event, but teaming was affecting solos way more than duos or trios mode. The solo mode fans were the ones complaining the most about this, it doesn't work to tell them to go play duos or trios.

Playerbase split is very simple. Let's consider there are 120 players in the queue. With 1-2 modes, you can start 2 matches. With more than 2 modes, some players will have to wait longer until another 40 or more players get added to the queue. SBMM gets heavily affected by this as well, as there's a much smaller pool for proper bracketing. This would ruin the game's user acquisition and retention, as high level players would be inevitably mixed with beginners or put in queues that take half an hour or so.
Message 17 of 22 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q One day, one day Standard smile
Message 18 of 22 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Extremejinks @That's a lie

Every game mode (duos or squad) have different servers. Solo mode will surely have too.

Battle Royale isn't a game for squads. Just see DayZ, PUBG and other pioneers.

Message 19 of 22 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Sir_Named @ That's a joke? Or you really don't watched the first video, where the streamer recorded toxic players punching him and getting all of his loot

Seems we have a "EA Slave" here.

Message 20 of 22 (223 Views)