A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Respawn)

by Neg3v

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Respawn)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Recently, EA_David, the community manager of Apex Legends, said that solo mode "negatively impacted the game" (font: PC Gamer).

So, my question is: EA_David or someone from Respawn, those videos show a positive impact to the game for you?

The only problem with Apex Legends is this stupid and toxic in-game community, a bunch of yelling kids or trolls who ruin the game of people that paid for a season pass and enjoy the game as a enthusiast or as a pro-player (streamers too).

Let's take a look at the popularity of Call of Duty Warzone: a brand new game that already got a massive competitive teams and it's the most played game at 3 months. And you ask me: why? BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT TOXIC PEOPLE, they care about pro-players, enthusiasts and casual players who just want to be good and have fun. THIS IS THE REAL IMPORTANT COMMUNITY WHO FEED AND HOLD UP THE GAME. THEY REALLY CARE for the developers, and not just a massive number of kids crying and people who makes you get upset in just 5 minutes of gaming.

FIX IT SOON! PUT THE SOLO MODE SOON! We don't care about new legends for now, we just want a complete service, not a broken, harmful and stressful game.

[Admin - removed mention of CM in thread title]

Message 1 of 22 (997 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A question for [Admin - Removed] the community manager (and everyone of Resp

★★ Pro

There is none issue with solos mode.

Game balance is not a problem, because Respawn already said they are doing their balance stuff based on trios(team) mode.

So people won`t have the right to complain about imbalance, because legends are balanced based around 3v3 mode. I like to have Solos mode in the game, and i got no problem that the certain legends are stronger. There is still a tier list, even in the current team based modes, so i don`t see how this is a issue.

Let me actually copy my other comment on that topic:

Not a good reason as well. The game is not balancing around duos, but we still have that mode as permanent. Just put a note, that is a team game, and its not balanced around SOLOS, and let everyone choose what mode to play. If he is not happy with the solo go play duo or trios.

RNG factor being too strong, based on what exactly? RNG factor is strong on any mode, so i don`t see how this is an issue.

Teaming should not be an issue, because there is a lot in duos and trios. Again if you don`t like the solo mode, go play duos or trios, no one obligate you to play solo mode if you don`t like it.

I don`t see how it will split player base ? Performance issue affecting servers, really? The thing you write have no sense at all, at this supposedly issue ....

Solos mode will bring just positive for the game.

View in thread

Message 13 of 22 (881 Views)

All Replies

Re: A question for EA_David, the community manager (and everyone of Respawn)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Neg3v I don't think @EA_David has anything to do with what Respawn is doing regarding solos, I believe they simply just post what the Respawn Developers want them to post. I believe EA_David's job is simply to keep our boards updated with whatever news they bring, as well as keep multiple boards (both for this game and many many others) civil and free of overly hostile non-constructive posts and discussions, as well as making sure anyone who needs support of any sort are referred to the correct areas and or to solve the problem themselves. 

Message 2 of 22 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You're right. He is only mentioned by his speech (PC gamer font). Anyway, we just want answers and, mainly, the launch of solo mode.

Message 3 of 22 (943 Views)

★★ Pro
@Neg3v Yeah nah. I'm one of those who don't want a permanent solos. It'll slow matchmaking times by adding a forth matchmaking option and it doesn't really belong in Apex. Plus 1 v 1s get pretty boring after a while. It was a good LTM, one that would be nice to see in the future, but that's it.
Message 4 of 22 (894 Views)

★★ Expert
@Neg3v
You can solve toxic players in the voice chat by muting them.
Message 5 of 22 (861 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone. 

Like others have already pointed out, those of us who work here on Answers HQ are not game developers. We do work alongside the Apex Legends team in a lot of ways, but our primary focus is here on Answers HQ. 

I know that you were looking for answers regarding solo mode in Apex Legends, but I'm afraid we don't have any updates to share on that right now. It's feedback that we've been forwarding up to the team, but we haven't heard if there are any plans to bring this to the game in the future. That said, I feel like your post leans into the much broader topic of the toxic behavior we often experience when we're playing games online. I understand that toxicity can be pretty upsetting to deal with. It's unfortunate that for a long time it's just been an expected thing in the gaming community, but we at EA are taking steps to try and change that for our games. 

I've linked this before in other threads on this topic, but I did want to mention it again here. Not long ago EA hosted a summit on the topic of toxicity in gaming where we discussed some of the steps we are taking in hopes of addressing it in our communities. For more info check out this article over at the EA website: 

https://www.ea.com/news/building-healthy-communities-summit

As someone who has been playing games his entire life, I know that toxicity in gaming is certainly nothing new. That doesn't mean we can't make it better, though, and we are definitely working on it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 22 (834 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sir_Named How can I mute someone during a match? I know we can press “F” when selecting champions, but it is not working for me during the game 😕
Message 7 of 22 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets Go to inventory -> click on squad -> you see mic button and click on it.

You must either be really new or love torture that you’ve been playing with unmuted players for longer than a month at least xD
Message 8 of 22 (787 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q Dealing with this since season 0... lost half of my hair because of that 😂😂😂
Message 9 of 22 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets My gosh... you are the most resilient human being for putting up with it for so long xD. @BaldWraithSimp, you are not alone in not knowing importanté information xD. Hopefully you see this post :P
Message 10 of 22 (762 Views)