Re: A question about our refund rights - after "balancing" legends

by Sand_spitter

Original Post

A question about our refund rights - after "balancing" legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

It's very simple, I like a legend and I enjoy playing it as it is. Then I pay money to buy costumes, skins and heirloom for my favorite legend. Then legend kit/abilities/etc changed by Respawn/EA in a way that it is not the same legend (win rate falls, play style is different, etc), so shouldn't we be able to ask for a refund for the actual money we spent on them?

I didn't pay money for this new changed legend, I saw previous version and I payed for that.

I'm talking mainly about Wraith and Caustic (latter one banned from some competitions and is going to get a rework nerf).

Message 1 of 18 (713 Views)

★★ Pro
@Alphabets That's actually a very good point and I think many would agree with you. I certainly do.

I said it before, you can't just change the characters that initially contributed to the games success because you felt like it or because people actually play them more often, and win. They should've developed better new characters that are able to keep up with the existing ones instead.

Imagine if back in the day people sent letters to the devs of Street Fighter or Tekken saying that so and so characters should be nerfed or buffed or removed... Ludicrous!
Message 2 of 18 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AlphabetsIt’s your decision to spend money on the game. You don’t have to. Thereby your sanctioning every decision coming afterwards.

Message 3 of 18 (698 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q It's not a bet. We are not gambling. I saw something, they sell me skins and heirloom for that and I paid real money, but now they changed it to something different.

What you are saying is like you order and pay for an orange and they send you an apple instead and say it was your decision, you shouldn't trust us!
Message 4 of 18 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets It is a bet. A game evolves or devolves. It’s like stocks. You buy them if you see an opportunity you like. It can go up or down, you never know. The only constant is you know it’ll change but you don’t know how.

At the end of the day you still have your stocks (heirlooms/skins), only a variable controlling that stock has changed.
Message 5 of 18 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AlphabetsIt is a bet tho as you know they are continuously changing things. And trust me I feel the pain. I have havoc skins which I cant use because they ruined it.

I'm curious, what tournaments have banned caustic?

Message 6 of 18 (646 Views)

Kinda confused why you should even want a refund?
You still have access to the skins/champion.

You know meta exists in games and every legend has its highs and lows but is still viable if played correctly
I cannot name one legend that doesn't fit in the game or is extremely weak or just not really meta.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 18 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Zeelmaekerswell, because this is not what I paid for!

I’m saying they shouldn’t sell items on a strong legend, and then nerf it (while they know it’s good and will get a nerf).

If it is for meta, etc they should buff weaker legends instead of constantly nerfing good ones. If Horizon’s win rate is high, that might be because Rampart is trash, improve Rampart and I bet more player will play her and not only her winrate will increase, but Horizon’s win rate will also comes lower.

Same to what happened to Wraith (multiples change to walk, size, tactical, cool downs, etc on her) is happening to Caustic, blind ability removed (so his passive becomes impractical), his traps can be cancelled much easier, also traps can’t get into the buildings (weird rotation, so he can’t push with tactical anymore). And now they are talking about changes to his ultimate (become something like horizon ult so can be cancelled by shooting) or deactivated at the final circles (can’t tell exactly, but surely a nerf is coming this next few patches )

@hayhorAbout banned tournaments, I think I was watching a couple of streamers (maybe Hal and Lulu) and they mentioned something about it (at the beginning, go to min 1:35)
https://youtu.be/83fa6IyqSpU

Message 8 of 18 (594 Views)

@Alphabets Welcome to the industry we allowed this to happen to.

We as consumers allowed the gaming industry to move in this direction where everything is digital and we have no physical copies of games we buy. We have no control over the games decisions, and if the game shuts down we get nothing.

Marvel Heroes is one, I spent a bit of loot on that game...they revamp the whole game, I can do nothing to stop it. The game shuts down, we get nothing. And zero legal options. Zero.
Message 9 of 18 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AlphabetsDo you have a claim for something like this? Nope.

You don't own the game or the cosmetics for the character as it's a live service so any money you put on purchases are effectively rented that can be altered or removed at their discretion BUT i do agree it's a pretty shoddy way to get money out of players on popular characters then not just nerf them for balance or meta changes (which is fine) but fundamentally change or remove things that make a character unique or have a certain style or play style.

Message 10 of 18 (575 Views)