Re: A possible wake up call for some players?

by BURGERKRIEG

Original Post

★★ Guide

I´ll never understand the point of EA being resistant to the idea of players forking out 10-15 USD/month for renting their own server.

Message 41 of 47 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BURGERKRIEG wrote:
@GRiPSViGiLYep. Community games died straight away on BFV. It can’t be the same model as that, that would be a mistake.

I’d like to see rented servers back but it looks like EA is extremely resistant to that idea.

Maybe there will be a way of sharing the master file for a game a user creates. That way there could be multiple instances running if people have copies.

As far as I understand it, then a server setting/name can be shared by its creator with other players online.  Maybe functioning like the vote/opt in in the past games, like when adding a server to your favorites?  And any of these players can then just simply decide to join that server again later at any point of time, no matter if the original server creator is online or not.  As long as they have kept it's server ID/setting in their game environment.  This way the player community can slowly but surely start to build up a shared server list of most played favorites.  Please also note that the original creator of that server setup also can setup other players as co-admins on that server environment.  If functioning so, I do really not see the need for getting the 'rented servers' back...

Message 42 of 47 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CyberDyme I want to see a place for clans to go and play each other instead of ruining balance on public servers.
Message 43 of 47 (256 Views)

★ Expert
@DeeCay_DK_81 Yeah this seems like an idea they'd jump at the chance to implement...more cash for them lol. Unless they've figured out that's its cheaper on the server side to do it this way.
Message 44 of 47 (241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BURGERKRIEG wrote:
@CyberDymeI want to see a place for clans to go and play each other instead of ruining balance on public servers.

And you certainly get my vote for that @BURGERKRIEG  !!!   ;o)

I am actually a bit perplexed why EA have not yet launched this new EA BF2042 hub, to be the center piece for all the global players to gather around and further feed the hype for this next new game?  If EA plan that all should be hosted and supported from this site EA Answers, then why not get it up in gear already now?  Why wait?  A separate section on such site should be dedicated to the clan activities and support all the special activities they want to organize within their own clans but also for how the clans are challenging each other through agreed battles/conditions/servers on where they want to fight it out, etc etc.  I think that group of players is so big that it fully justifies a dedicated and distinct forum section just by its own for this!

And I am sure that would also be praised by all the other non-clan players, that they will not be bombarded with all those (to them) non-relevant clan postings then, that they don't care about anyway.

Message 45 of 47 (207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BURGERKRIEGWhile a great idea it wouldn't stop it. Players would circumvent it by not displaying their group tag or some other means outside of such servers or not go play in them at all.  People are just cowards when it comes to actual competition. I definitely support this idea though.

It could be a place community run leagues can occur but most groups aren't gonna be big enough to not need casual solo fillers.

Message 46 of 47 (204 Views)

★★ Expert

@BURGERKRIEG wrote:
 Yep. Community games died straight away on BFV. It can’t be the same model as that, that would be a mistake.

I don't think we can take much out of that observation.

The first iteration of BFV Community Games was only a private play list, with the option to play (sub) modes that weren't in the official rotation.

I am not sure, how many players even tried Community Games after they received the big update.

Message 47 of 47 (191 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help