A message for DEVELOPERS OF APEX LEGENDS about Lifeline

by xttrust

Original Post

Re: A message for DEVELOPERS OF APEX LEGENDS about Lifeline

★ Guide
@xttrust what do you suggest they do to buff her then? I'm not a LL main, but I think that her ultimate is pretty good rn, especially since you can get gold items from it. Also, every team having a LL is exactly why she got nerfed. People don't like fighting the same thing over and over again. Same thing happened to Octane last season, it's not a big deal.
Message 11 of 26 (404 Views)

Champion
@SheepsKing See this is a bit of a weird one. I had a situation the other day that made me realise how crappy her ult can be. My squad all had purple shields. I call my ult down while one teammate is upgrading their shield (so technically doesn't have a shield) and the only upgrade in the CP was said shield. I'd imagine it's a rare thing and it was just the timing but still.

@hayhor lol

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 26 (393 Views)

Champion
@xttrust 5 or 6? That's it? Caustic gets nerfed without even changing him.
Message 13 of 26 (389 Views)

★★ Expert

Her ult is s***. People who claim it's in a good spot can't be Lifeline mains. You wait half the game for nothing! While all Loba teams get what they need like... what? 50 seconds into the game. And to make it worse, had a teammate dc'ing the other day, but the game didn't kick him out for like 6-7 minutes, and I called 2 cp's during that time, and thanks to him just standing in Grow Towers with white armour we kept getting blue armour in the cp, which we already had.

Message 14 of 26 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Her ultimate is nothing compared to Loba, her reviving is worst than Gibraltar's. Hew passive is absolutely rubbish. The smallest legend in the game has now a normal HitBox.
Not to mention that she is the target of every player. You see a Lifeline, shot it first. That's it.
Can't run, can't push, can't save because they will thirst you. Well. as a Lifeline main with more than 17k kills, Heirloom, 10+ Legendary skins.

I,  yes I, decided to abandon her. I chose Horizon over her.

Message 15 of 26 (316 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@xttrust Nerf everything cause we can't figure out a direction of this game. I would fire everyone in charge.
Message 16 of 26 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Confused about how old the thread is, but Wraith has gotten 11 nerfs to LL's 9 "counting when low profile & leg = body dmg was added for both". Granted, LL's gameplay changed more than Wraiths.

Message 17 of 26 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CCbathwater wrote:

Her ult is s***. People who claim it's in a good spot can't be Lifeline mains. You wait half the game for nothing! While all Loba teams get what they need like... what? 50 seconds into the game. And to make it worse, had a teammate dc'ing the other day, but the game didn't kick him out for like 6-7 minutes, and I called 2 cp's during that time, and thanks to him just standing in Grow Towers with white armour we kept getting blue armour in the cp, which we already had.

That is a good point. I never really thought of it that way. And you only get gold BP maybe 5% of the time. & half the time some rando will take it & not give it up which makes no sense. BUt also calling in a CP can be risky cuz it gives away your general position. I agree 1st CP should at least be all purple lvl items & gradually move up to gold items.

Message 18 of 26 (257 Views)

★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 When I read it said "guaranteed upgrade" I thought that might be good, but what they really meant was "the lowest possible upgrade" every time. I still think her cp was nerfed as before you could go white to purple.
Message 19 of 26 (240 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Current issues I see with Lifeline:

1. People play her like a mix of Octane and Loba = push and loot, which in 99% of the cases I have seen do not work out weel
  2. Adding multiple drones vs. a shield does not help the point 1 plus renders revive useless unless you get hit by a team without mobile legends using sniper weapons, then you can actually pick up your team, otherwise, most of the time you are just being pushed and decimated before players are resed
  3. Care package indeed shows everyone where you are and not always is worth it - going from white to blue while disclosing your position in Diamond+ lobbies is not worth it, plus I usually have no issues finding blue on my own
  4. It was said that the package will contain attachments to weapons - in many cases unfortunately those are useless as well (low/-er grade, not the ones people usually are looking for - stabilizer / extended mag)

The only game mode I still see fit for Lifeline is Arenas but who plays those :P

Sad to see her being rendered useless as I really liked her back in season 8.

Suggestions:

• give back the shield
  • the care page might have a longer cooldown but it should contain top notch stuff from round 1 - e.g. purple/yellow armors, weapons, or at least attachments, one slot can be dedicated to meds but it then should be pheonix, battery, or medkit, would be cool if you could fit multiple of those similar to a current combo of cells and siringes
  • increase knockdown res speed significantly unless the shield is back - and I am talking about close to doubling the speed so you can actually res people during the fight / before enemy pad or zipline on you (or at least give you a fighting chance to do that)
Message 20 of 26 (224 Views)