A mess... it just feels claustrophobic and messy

by bthreeoh

Original Post

A mess... it just feels claustrophobic and messy

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

I got to playing tonight. But I just couldn’t play it. All the characters seem unbalanced. Levels are terribly boring as they all feel small and formulaic. There’s no where to go, no expansive anything, just a big funnel of characters trying to fight into a tiny space. I just missed the hallmark of the series. 

I was was reminded of Mario Kart which or smash brothers. How some things change, but other things don’t. This should have done that. But instead the brand feels diluted, dull, and lackluster. This game feels lost. Trying to be something it isn’t. Which is sad, the two previous games brought originality. 

I miss the cards and the variants. Frankly, those were probably at the core of the game. They provided a characteristic of pvz garden warfare that gave me

perceived value and I loved how it was able to round out the competition. Everyone had to do the same work.

This is how you ruin a franchise. I hope you are able to save this over time. 

Double the Map sizes, get the sound off the imps jet

packs while he is sprinting, fix whatever was done to

the Peastooers legs, add the portals back, aiming feels off, attacks feel delayed, but most of all return the variants. Otherwise i don’t know what this game is...

Message 1 of 15 (950 Views)

Re: A mess... it just feels claustrophobic and messy

★★ Guide

I agree that aiming feels very different to the previous games, i can't put my finger on it.

Message 2 of 15 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bthreeohThis isn't Gardenwarfare though.

"I just missed the hallmark of the series." The series that started as a "monster wave" based game where you plant Plants and have them sit there and kill zombies that walk down lanes?

Also, what's wrong with Peashooter's legs?

Message 3 of 15 (868 Views)

★ Guide
@clumsybobble I actually really love peashooters legs lol. It's actually reallly cool tbh, reminds me of sonic or roadrunner
Message 4 of 15 (831 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gowron248 Same. I actually love all of the run animations in this game.
Message 5 of 15 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ClumsybobbleCorn's a little funky but the animations in this game are amazing. Between her animations and other stuff they somehow made the Sunflower more adorable than she was before.

Message 6 of 15 (813 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The animation on his legs doesn’t match his movement. 

Message 7 of 15 (737 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Especially Cactus lol... For some reason I always find myself laughing playing as her... The way she moves feels like she's slipping or sliding...

The new voice actress is actually good.. It felt strange at first, but I already got used to her...

Message 8 of 15 (732 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GammaX6 Cactus and Corn really crack me up.  LOVE the animations.

Message 9 of 15 (724 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bthreeoh I agree with you.. I wish that they've at least added more variations to Turf Takeover maps. 

I don't dislike the current format, I just don't think it's suitable for 12v12... The game, with its current map design, should have been 6v6 or 7v7 with no duplicate heroes, except Acorn/Space Cadet.

Think about it, if the game was 6v6, it would mean that team composition would start playing a role... too many of the same role would punish a team. But it would all depend on the upgrades other players are using. This game isn't like, let's say, Overwatch where you can't regenerate your HP unless you get healed or find med kits across the map.

The old maps of GW1 and GW2 are more suitable for larger number of players...

Let's not forget the last objectives in Turf Takeover... They feel "underwhelming" compared to GW2. With too many narrow places. And not so fun objectives... remember the castle? or the yeti king? or the large balls? those were much better...

Narrow places favor plants' abilities more than zombies... Oak's logs? Super Sap Trap? Snapdragon's firewall ability? Traps everywhere by chomper + cactus? Nightcap's Fung Fu? ..etc

The whole "Capture the Flag" kinda idea doesn't feel as original as before...

Message 10 of 15 (717 Views)