Re: A list of improvements/fixes so far

by szatanica

Original Post

★ Pro

@draqonin wrote:

Good list for improvements. Thanks for posting!

Couple of comments:

- Have zero weapons wear only melee ...

Please NO, we are not primitives going hunting or cutting plants. 1 ranged weapon should be allowed.

I would Not like to  run around after each npc to kill it.

- Track as many missions at once as i want... YES please, would be nice.

There's plenty of room on the top-right side of the screen... NO, i wouldn't like 1/3 of screen covered with text.

> It's enough to track missions in the log and display on map. Maybe a "Set Priority" option to which mission to display.

Hope for the best! :eahigh_file:

I'm pretty sure the Zero Weapons ask is about being able to fill all of your weapons slots with melee if you so choose

Message 11 of 19 (2,847 Views)

★★ Novice

I would love to be able to see what still needs to be "finished' on some of the tasks (especially the Naming the Dead task in Mass Effect Andromeda). I have played through the game more than one time, and have never been able to find and name all the "bodies". I seem to always miss finishing this task by one "body" and I don't know which one I have missed or where to find (and name) the body. It seems that most of the other tasks give hints or clues to help find the items that need to be found to finish the task. There are no hints or clues (that I have found or seen) in the Naming the Dead task (on EOS).

Also, it would be helpful if the tasks would be listed on the map (showing which "system" a particular task is in) so that it is easier to finish tasks that have not been completed. I have noticed there are several "tasks" that I have not completed, but I have no idea where I need to go (which system/world to go to) to complete them. This is rather frustrating.

Message 12 of 19 (2,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'd add few more things:

1. Why in the world do I have to leave the planet just to change the squad members? It's a waste of time, furthermore it's just pointless. Just because I'm goint back to Tempest doesn't mean I want to do the interstellar travels. SOLVED: we can change squad members at forward stations.
  2. I'd change the way the POI are marked - either distinct the distance of each point by shades (intensive orange for the closest, medium orange for medium, faded orange to the fartherst) or colors or a number of meters/km to it. When there are several points within 1 quest I need to additionaly, manualy always mark the map to the point that I want to go to because it's hard to know which one is closest just by looking at the top of the screen, and when we ride/fight/gather stuff you loose track of it, so manual points are essentials. That's redundant and it's time wasting.
  3. There's something off regarding the relationship between what we can make (research/production) and what we find and gather from our enemies. I swear, I find better toys on the bodies of my killed enemies, I can't be bothered with producing anything myslef, because it will never be as good, even with all those additionals you can put into the weapon. So what's the point? There's no point in scanning and gathering points for discovering tech from Milky Way or Andromeda galaxies as I don't need those points at all.
  4. The same thing goes to the store owners - they have *. There's no point in buying from them, except maybe for paint jobs for Nomad...o_O...Therefore there's no point in earning credits, gathering junk, selling things...no point at all. 
  5. Why can't we engage the conversation with the person from behind him/her? it's irritating I have to walk around them all the time..
  6. POI on the map - oftentimes there are several points pinpoined to the same location. Without zooming it's virtually imposible to click on the right one, they just cover themselves. It's particularily frustrating when it comes to quickly travelling between locations on the planet. Why wouldn't you do some sort of visual distinction of every point from one location, like a tiny animation that displays all points in a nonobstructive way so I don't have to zoom nonstop?
  7. When I set up the gear and squad for a mission, therer's this one button confirming all choices. Either the translation (to Polish) when south or the text is superconfusing - it states CONFIRM EQUIPEMENT, but when you click it, you confirm ALL of the choices, not just equipement. It took me some time to learn that so a lot of times I was confirming without choosing squad and I had to backtrack (see point no.`). I hardly consider squad members as equipement, hence the mistakes. Change it to CONFIRM ALL or something.
  8. Why it takes doors on Kadara port to open so long? SOLVED: there’s a mod for this, check next replies for details.
  9. Additional Quest in the quest journal - there's a list of side quests with short description. Nothing weird except that a lot of those don't have info which planet they refer to. After playing long hours I won't and don't remember where they come from and I can't pinpoint them as they are the type of quests that do not show on the map as those little stars. To complete those I need to refer to google/forum/walkthrough and at this point I'm loosing interests...
  10. Criogenic capsule points (sorry, I'm direct translating) - when you get the prizes from all those squds you awoken using bonuses for crio, you get several separate windows popping up summerizing the prizes - why don't you just gather them into one window? Why do I need to press space 7 times? Optimization please.

That's my experience so far.

Message 13 of 19 (2,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@draqonin Why are you assuming this is exclusive? If you don't want to then don't do it. If you want you can track only one mission at a time. This doesn't prevent anything you're already doing.

Message 14 of 19 (2,605 Views)

Hero

@szatanica wrote:

I'd add few more things:

1. Why in the world do I have to leave the planet just to change the squad members?

@szatanica You don't. You can change squadmates from a forward station.

@szatanica wrote:

1. Why it takes doors on Kadara port to open so long?

Yes, that's very annoying. If you're on PC you can install a mod that makes them a lot shorter. While we're at it, my favorite mod reduces departure and landing cinematics. (You need Frosty Tool Suite to install mods.)

I'm not sure why they decided we like waiting around.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 19 (2,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Long cinematics upon arrival/departure was to give min. spec. rigs enough time to load the new environment. Not needed for most higher-end ones. (Hence the popularity of the mod that shortens them!)

EDIT: There's also a mod to speed-up the doors at Kadara Port. Works great!
Message 16 of 19 (2,588 Views)

Hero

The long loading screen issue was also a problem in Mass Effect 2. The videos had to play at least once and they took 12 seconds, so there was a helpful player who uploaded short videos with the same filenames so you could replace them. Most areas load in only 2 seconds on a standard mechanical hard drive.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 19 (2,582 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tips. I didn’t notice we can change squad members at forwarding stations. That’s solved. And thanks for the tip on the doors.

Message 18 of 19 (2,572 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello my name is James. My nick name is RJ. I'm a huge fan of mass effect andromeda! You all did an excellent job making such a great game!  I own the actual game disk. And I have played it more 7 times and beaten it too. I wanted to ask that you please make a new mass effect again. Me and my friends always play mass effect andromeda all the time. If you were to make another mass effect do continue the character customisation again also with more close options ok? And colors hair and makup too. It's such a great game please make another mass effect series again. Its such a fun and amazing game. Please. You did such an amazing job!! Please make another mass effect andromeda. Please and thank you. I always share mass effect videos of Facebook every night. My name on Facebook is RJ KIDD. You will see mass effect videos I have recorded to show other people about your amazing game. Please make another mass effect please and thank you.  You should do a new seqaul to MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA like you can romance anyone. Also like more stuff comes up I don't know like more things for Sara or her brother to do. Because this is an amazing game!!!!!! Don't give up. There's a lot of fans out there. Please make another MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA!!!

Message 19 of 19 (2,276 Views)