A level 16 have 2 heirlooms and me none tho i played for months

by ashyl13

Original Post

Re: A level 16 have 2 heirlooms and me none tho i played for months

★ Expert

The Heirlooms in this game are a sore point for me.  It's kind of a joke really...and a bad one at that.  $168 per event to get an heirloom, or get drastically lucky in an Apex pack, or open 500 apex packs.  I've been playing since launch day, and do not have an heirloom yet.  While I'm taking ab break during Season 5, I was playing up through most of Season 4.

I'm sure OP is aware that his friend "got lucky".  The point is there has to have been a better way...maybe not for EA's income numbers, but certainly for the players.  Heirlooms are not a new concept in gaming.  Many MMO's have this sort of thing, and they are tied to ridiculous, no-life level grinds.  So when you see someone with a set, you know that's someone who has put serious work in, not "got lucky" or spent a bunch of money.

For example, Planetside 2 has Heirloom level cosmetic pieces for your soldiers and vehicles.  Each one is tied to a 4 or 5 tiered series of major in-game grinds...in a way like Apex's miulti-tiered badges but a much longer grind, more badges, and more tiers.  To put it in perspective, I played Planetside 2 for 4 years on PS4 and never got a single heirloom level piece.  I'm close on several things, but it's too much of a concetrated grind for me to keep going on it.   Still it can be done in-game, and that's the point.

Message 11 of 14 (290 Views)

@hayhor I have faith you'll get lucky in your 500th Apex Pack.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 14 (256 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Gee thanks! 😂

I have to be close to 500 packs now so I'll let you know.

Not that it matters as there isnt a caustic heirloom anyway!
Message 13 of 14 (223 Views)

@hayhor See the game is doing you a favor.. It does not want to tempt you to buy another legends Heirloom... If you get them now the hards will start talking to you.. Tempting you to buy another legends Heirloom.. Who doesn't want to kill someone with Mirages pork chop?!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 14 (190 Views)