Re: A knockdown shield should not be a luxury

by pastaclown

Original Post

A knockdown shield should not be a luxury

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Everyone should start with one.

Having no weapon when you land and being unable to defend yourself against someone who found one is the worst thing on the game, but I’d say being unable to defend yourself from bullets once you’re down and being unable to stop your death is the second worst 

So please give us a knockdown shield from the start, I guarantee it would help with leavers as well. Maybe not the ones who leave instantly when downed but definitely against the ones who leave when killed, as there would be fewer deaths early game 

Message 1 of 11 (596 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 So that and a P2020 or Mozambique?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 11 (576 Views)

★★ Guide
@GH0STEDbyME Yeah, the less RNG early game the better. Ideally you should start with level 1 everything and a P2020 or Mozambique, you should never be at a point where you’re literally unable to fight back, even if you’ve got the weakest gun in the game and a level 1 body shield it’s better than nothing
Message 3 of 11 (548 Views)

★★ Expert

@Bean2kay9 B-b-b-b-but, that's JUST like Warzone! IT doesn't Feel Like Apex! (/s)

Someone actually said that once in response to a thread just like this. Anyway, I agree. The less RNG you have on drop, the better. I'd even bump it up and have players start with a filled 50 health EVO, a Mozam, level 1 everything else, 2 shield cells, 2 syringes, and half a stack of shotgun ammo. 

Skilled / Casual players get an equal ground weapon that can be good to either contest better loot, or to immediately start shooting at people with. If someone gets hurt they can stay relevant with the cells and syringes even without supplies, and having all the level 1 equipment means you can get rid of them from the loot pool, and never have to worry about running around without a bag. 

Message 4 of 11 (536 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 Fisticuffs!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 11 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pastaclown

Yeah. I've been one of the players on here that have strongly advocated for us to at least get a weapon on drop. All the other things you mentioned would be cool too.

Honestly, nothing sucks worse in this game to me than dropping somewhere, your teammates scoop up most of the loot in the area, and the enemy scoops up the rest. Leaving you with maybe a single grenade and some attachments and ammo to guns you do not have. Then, of course, you'll get into a fight with some dude that got a gun on his first bin, and shreds you because you have nothing.

These situations can further be exacerbated by teammates that want to hotdrop in locations with a bunch of other squads. Because if they reach the loot first, you have nothing. Not even at p2020. And at that point your choice is either to drop with your team and probably die right away or go off by yourself and probably die not to long after (unless you're an amazing), because you'll be 1v3 for the entire match.

I mean, stuff like you're suggesting, I think at the very least would help stretch out the first round/ring a bit. Too many times I've seen situations where a lot of people die Right off the drop ship, because they have nothing to defend themselves. They're essentially free kills and it's not cool. I've been on both the receiving end of that and the one who's killed people. It just doesn't feel good. Personally, I don't get much enjoyment from killing somebody who has no armor and can only punch me, when I'm sitting there with a weapon. It's just not fun for me. And on the opposite end of that situation, it's frustrating.

Message 6 of 11 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 Another thing I would suggest is removing knockdown shield from loot pool, give everyone a knockdown shield at start(blue maybe) and remove everything except gold. This will clear up the loot pool of unnecessary stuff.
Message 7 of 11 (506 Views)

★ Expert

I've been asking for a default equipment for almost a year i think lol. At least a P2020 and a white shield so you can defend yourself against someone that is luckier than you and picks a good gun or a purple shield instead of just running and hoping to avoid all the bullets coming to you.

Message 8 of 11 (480 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown The feeling of what? Landing on a hot drop, finding a purple shield and purple bag but no guns in the building while the person next to you gets an r99 and volt and comes to collect your fancy stuff. 🤣
Message 9 of 11 (472 Views)

★★ Expert

@hayhor beats me, I didn't understand it either. But you know how people are when it comes to this game and criticism. All brain rot, 0 critical thinking skills. 

Message 10 of 11 (458 Views)