A game like this needs a skirmish mode.

by p0ison1vy

Original Post

A game like this needs a skirmish mode.

★★★ Newbie

I know there are balance issues and bug fixes which should take priority over everything else, but i really hope they add a skirmish option like in overwatch for players waiting on matchmaking. Or to allow matchmaking to proceed while in giddy park. It's very boring waiting at the character select screen for several minutes. People are just going to leave if they have to wait, which will turn off new players. It's a pretty big deal imo. 

Message 1 of 6 (510 Views)

Re: A game like this needs a skirmish mode.

★★★ Pro
@p0ison1vy I agree I think one of the main reasons it's so hard to find arena games is because there is always only 2 people in a lobby who then quit after 10 seconds. Because they keep getting empty lobbies of it they might eventually move on to some other game mode. If they were allowed to muck around, they might stay. lobbies would definitely fill much faster.
Message 2 of 6 (416 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's because you don't buy a PvZ game for "Arena mode".

Message 3 of 6 (387 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CJackson5083 wrote:

It's because you don't buy a PvZ game for "Arena mode".

I would 10,000 x before buying it for capture point.  I know I’m not popular with this preference but I’d much rather play games where there’s nowhere to run and hide behind a team/boundaries.... (not to imply everyone who play TT uses these tactics but they can be employed and for that reason, I detest capture point modes).

Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I haven't tried the arena mode yet because I prefer longer battles; which means I usually wind up in Turf Takeover. If Ops were more than five rounds I'd play that more often as well, I really miss the 10 rounds given in GW2.

The game I migrated from had a Battle Royale mode which needed a certain minimum number of players to launch and when you opted to try to join the lobby was actually a platform where you couldn't attack opponents. To mess around and battle you'd have to drop down into a small map where combat could be engaged. It kept people in the queue who might otherwise have gotten bored and left.

Message 5 of 6 (348 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CJackson5083 yerr nah I was just using Arena battle as an example. Its one of the dead modes.
Message 6 of 6 (329 Views)