A few problems and nitpicks I have with private play

by stukapooka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A few problems and nitpicks I have with private play

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
  1. Niether teams spawn any ai at all, at least in gw2 an all bot teams spawned them, big step back
  2. The island appears to be on Xbox but not other platforms as many have pointed out
  3.  Battle arena bots start sprinting the moment they spawn in during battle arena besides healers
  4. Upon winning battle arena and turf the bots dont share the winner screen and I just feel lonely now
  5. Turf defenders either suicide rush the objective or stay out and away from the point and snipe into it
  6. Ops ai is still not selectable so they must be holding them back for phase 3 or I'm just blind and cant find them
  7. Ai chompers have a 50/50 chance of getting stuck when burrowing
  8. Some final objectives are nearly impossible as attackers due to how heavily the defending team is glued to the objective
  9. Ai wizards throw zeelixir at their opponent like it was a grenade
  10. Having ai wizards just simply be co star turrets on their allies until it runs out would be a great addition
  11. Even when dead a ai sunflower kept healing a peashooter in range
  12. Battle arena still says it's determine your rank after you win, why?
  13. You have to own ps plus or gold, WHATS THE POINT THEN POPCAP!
  14. Being able to see what my allies pick in battle arena would help with team decisions such as acorn, cadet, or healers
  15. Acorn on pastures just sat on the point as enemies surronded him, the nut didmt move an inch
  16. Acorns and cadets dont really seem to want to become oak or station unless there are enough for a full group
  17. Crazy is the difficulty that gives normal exp so does that mean crazy is the new normal, what?
  18. It seems there is no way to pick which team you want to play on before the match as the game randomly decides for you

Overall I'm so happy private play has been added to bfn and things like 12v12 options for mixed modes and time warp are absolutely amazing but it still feels like it needs some more tweaks, also dont except to see me in online matches for like a month now.

Message 1 of 22 (1,303 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A few problems and nitpicks I have with private play

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly your number 1 on your list. My son was extremely disappointed with no ai spawning. He still plays GW2 Ops all the time. He loves choosing his ai teammates. When he realized BFN Ops was just going to be solo he turned off BFN and is back on GW2.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (1,199 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly your number 1 on your list. My son was extremely disappointed with no ai spawning. He still plays GW2 Ops all the time. He loves choosing his ai teammates. When he realized BFN Ops was just going to be solo he turned off BFN and is back on GW2.

Message 2 of 22 (1,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@openthedoorhal8Yeah I made another post stating how I hoped both teams would use spawnables but none of them do now and its dissapointing (also makes some objectuves stupidly hard to take) alongside ops.

Message 3 of 22 (1,191 Views)

Champion
@stukapooka This is a really well-compiled list of issues with Private Play. I may give my feedback on it once I’ve given it a try. If I notice any other issues, I will share them here.
Message 4 of 22 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Appreciate it it helps us get them known faster which hopefully gets them fixed faster and I think it overall shows that the game clearly needed more development time so these could have been base features at least.
Message 5 of 22 (1,183 Views)

★ Guide
@stukapooka Good list. I would also like to see the Funderdome maps in the selection pool for Team Vanquish or have AI in Battle Arena toggle-able. Too bad Private Play doesn't support more players like originally planned, and it requiring a subscription on consoles for the time being. Regardless, I'm glad that BfN's Private Play isn't worse than GW2's at launch, feature-wise.
Message 6 of 22 (1,065 Views)

★★ Pro
@stukapooka Wait, you don't get to pick and choose the AI that spawns on each team?
Message 7 of 22 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninja I believe @stukapooka is referring to how the AI team that players weren't on would spawn AI (weeds and browncoats and such when attacking, pots and bots when defending). 

Message 8 of 22 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninjaNot for battle arena it seems as you're bot teammates aren't shown to you until you spawn in so who knows what you'll get but every other mode can be regulated down very specifically. Neither side summons any spawnables at all.

Message 9 of 22 (967 Views)

Champion

Is it possible to rank up in Ranked Battle Arena in Private Play through battling Al, barring the glitch? This seems a little bit insane if this is legitimately possible.

Message 10 of 22 (920 Views)