Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: A few noob questions regarding Catacalysm

by daemontonio

Original Post

A few noob questions regarding Catacalysm

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey,

I took a long break from the game and recently started playing again.

Does Catacalysm end for good in 3 days? Or does it just reset for a new season? I mainly ask because I don't want to loose the Catacalysm shards I have been collecting. 

So what exactly happens in 3 days and abit when the timer is up?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 9 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@computeman  Hi. Welcome back. When this week 5 of the Cataclysm ends there will be a week 6, which is planned to be the final week of the event. Week 5 was extended because there was a patch for patch 1.4.0 released recently. When the timer is up and week 6 starts then the challenges and leaderboard will reset, and the stock in the seasonal store should change. I do not know the answer regarding the crystals. I haven't read any official statement about the future of crystals. In a personal note, I just spend them as soon as I have enough to buy batches of 50 or 100 war chests.

Message 2 of 9 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Krakentonio,

Very interesting information, thank you.

War chests sound pretty neat, I should see if i  can buy some with the crystals i have.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@computeman  Although they are not javelin-specific, I suggest you try the cheap war chests first (600 crystals). Try the weapons war chests second (700 crystals). The most expensive option is the javelin-specific war chest (1,100 crystals) whose price is not proportional to the increase in odds of getting a legendary item from the cheaper war chests but they will give you an item for the javelin you bought the chest for.

Message 4 of 9 (326 Views)

★ Guide

If you play only 1 specific javelin and have no interest in the other 3, buy the jav specific chests.

Cost 2X, but 1/4 the item possibilities.

As all gear-based chests can drop chest-type items for any jav.

If you play 2 javs, it's theoretically slightly better with jav specific chests (cost is slighly lower than 2 normal chests ). 

3 - 4 javs: standard chests should be a better choice until you start getting parts you're happy with.

Many of the new weapons are significantly better than most original weapons.

Weapon chests only drop newly added weapons.

All chests drop only MW or Legos (at pilot level 30)

I recommend buying in batches of atleast 20 chests.  Lego droprates appear to be approximately 10%

Based on your pilot being level 30.

This doesn't mean you will get 1 Lego for every 10 chests though, just that over an extended period, 10% of the chests you open hopefully will be Legendary.

I do batches of 50 personally.  My record actually is 550 chests, 55 Legos

I've been saving up to see last week offerings, have enough for 750 chests atm

Once Cataclysm ends, it is likely all new items will be added to general loot pool.

Message 5 of 9 (255 Views)

★★ Guide
@LegendaryIII i must admit i dont get why people only play one jav. its not like this game has a lot of variety anyway so why limit yourself? its like buying tekken and only playing as Yoshimitsu Wink
Message 6 of 9 (166 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@Liamt75 Agreed. I play my Interceptor most of the time but I go on a few missions using the other javelins. The cataclysm kind of pushed me into using all other javelins with their related daily challenges. Trying to do things in a different way to the one you are used to is kind of fun. I did cataclysm runs in all my javelins until the 4th week. Since then I just feel comfortable using the Interceptor and the Colossus inside the cataclysm.
Message 7 of 9 (154 Views)

★ Guide

@Liamt75 wrote:
@LegendaryIIIi must admit i dont get why people only play one jav. its not like this game has a lot of variety anyway so why limit yourself? its like buying tekken and only playing as Yoshimitsu Wink

I have 4 Legendary Javs actually.

Colossus is just the most badazz

Message 8 of 9 (138 Views)

★★ Guide
@daemontonio i am using the fat boy (colossus) more now its my least powerful jav. yeah i was doing it 4x a day for a while, 1 for each but im getting bored of it now and it takes forever to finish. you can do 2 or 3 strongholds in the time now
Message 9 of 9 (110 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help