A brief conversation ...

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Re: A brief conversation ...

★ Expert
@Koochi-Q I don't like gamechat because of my hearing problems which is the main reason I muted her. I don't like people who want a conversation while they are playing.

I had a very annoying Loba the other day who would not shut up but she was trying to helpful so I kept her on mic. She carried my banner for ages - her aim made me look like Aceu but she still ended up with four kills.

My fave was other day when we had dropped in the phase bubble. No one was talking. The Mirage got downed and kit was my worst nightmare - G7 & Wingman.

Me: "****! I've got two guns I can't hit with!"
Tiny, sweet preteen voice: "**** YOU!" (quits)
Message 11 of 34 (322 Views)

Champion

@EdwardDLuffy  Never play with kooch then he's a chatterbox. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 34 (309 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah but his mic volume is so low 🤣
Message 13 of 34 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Nah, maybe he is just a shy boi! 😜
Message 14 of 34 (300 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp The claim will be because of crossplay but I've played with other xbox people and not had the issue.
Message 15 of 34 (296 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  mics deffo too far away from his head lol. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 34 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag
"Social Distancing with the mic"
-Koochi-Q, 2020
Message 17 of 34 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagI never chat!!! Frown Thats an outright lie! I’m taking you to court mister Frown I only speak when spoken to!

@hayhor, crossplay! I stand by it. I own the Turtlebeach Elite 2 with poweramp! Xbox ppl hear me when I’m in my living room talking when I’m grabbing food which is 6m from where I am with doors in the way. Heck I can have my headset on the table in front of me and they still hear me crystal clear. ps ppl say they can’t hear me well Frown CROSSPLAY.

Likely the reason for you guys finding my chat low is because others either don’t have a boom mic and those cheap headsets which have no chat auditing filter to stop hard sounds from popping into the mic or are using the standard headsets xD.

I’ll test it tonight with you @hayhor. I can put presets on my headsets via phone app. I’ll create a ps apex crossplay preset with added chat volume so you can hear me properly xD

@BaldWraithSimp  I’m definitely shy. I get that way cause @MandatoryIDtag & @MandatoryIDtag bully me Frown

[EDIT] so to further bolster my case, the apps (both W10 and iphone) dont have chat setting features as the boom mic should pick up everything. Only real settings it has is noise gate which I turned on now and stream mic out :P Thats how good the mic is! No settings for chat! xD and it was proven on release to beat even the Arctic 7 steelseries mic!

I rest my case... CROSSPLAY!

Message 18 of 34 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor HA! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/j7fg77/apex_legends_crossplay_bet...

I updated my last post just now right before I saw this post. Gonna check it out 😜
Message 19 of 34 (253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Kills don't determine skill, The K/d system is a bit broken as well as ranked.

K/D in casual is much different than in ranked and should be split, also if your stuck in a rank that is way beyond your skill level your K/D will drop threw the floor and you won't be scoring many kills..

K/D in casual doesn't mean anything...

..Edit also talking to strangers on mic is awkward at best and not worth it most of the time, I love the wheel, without it i would be lost...

I was called the n word repeatedly once and I was just like ... why in the H E double hockey sticks do i have voice chat turned on...I thought about posting the audio on youtube but i don't want to get anyone banned over language when i know he was raging that we lost..I also swear a lot by nature i'm sure no one needs to hear that...thus the wheel..

You always have to remember the age demographic, you could be playing with children and I think people just assume they are playing with people with the same level of maturity and understanding, I think that is actually the minority in most cases and you have to take responsibility for what you say online as if you were talking to a child face to face and not assume their age based on skill level and why talking to strangers online is not really a good thing, you also don't know their state of mind and may say something that creates a situation you did not intend. 

Knowing the right thing to say is the hardest thing in life, so many variables in psychology, you can't ever hope to understand with a stranger, its better to stay silent until you understand them...IMO 

Message 20 of 34 (247 Views)