A Word from the wise.

by hosagi

Original Post

Highlighted

A Word from the wise.

★★★ Novice

Do not install both versions of Need for Speed Most Wanted(2005 & 2012). Windows only sees one install and will screw up the other. 

Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)

Re: A Word from the wise.

Community Manager

Hey @hosagi are you having an issue with the game?

If you let us know a little info then we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I recently  tried to install both versions of Need for Speed Most Wanted on my computer so I could both enjoy the games and see how they differ from each other. The first problem that arose was that the icon on the desktop that was already there changed from the 2012 icon to the 2005 icon. Even though in the directory it shows 2 different directories. The second problem is that the Windows Add and Remove only showed 1 install of the game even though two versions had been installed. In order to get both icons on the desktop i had to delete the one that was there then go to the start menu and first create the 2005 icon and label it as such then repeat that with the 2012 icon. Then I went to play the games. I started with the original and after I finished it I went to uninstall it. And that is when the third problem arose. When I uninstalled the 2005 version it deleted both desktop icons. The only way I could get the 2012 icon to get back on to the desktop was to deleted the directory for the 2012 version and have Origin reinstall it. 

Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hosagi thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I'll see if I can get a copy of the 2005 version of the game and test it.

If installing both versions of the game to the same directory then it may be worth installing them in separate locations to see if you see the same issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (324 Views)