Re: Tutorial to explain how to be JM

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Cro_Pittt too many people are scared to be JM and just pass it to someone else, and I think really it's more about knowing the density of loot available per area rather than the quality. Factor in how popular said spot is and your overall skill level, and you can easily find a quiet / hectic spot to drop every match. 

@apostolateofDOOM I had a guy just this morning pass JM over to me to drop solo, he lands in Octane's Gauntlet alone and dies instantly dealing 0 damage and calls me an idiot. Meanwhile my teammate and I have white shields, guns, and enough consumables for a short fight. It's incredible the lack of self awareness randoms possess. 

Message 11 of 18 (439 Views)

Re: A Tutorial to explain how to be JM should be in the game

★ Guide

I always thought the JM was random. But it's not.

When you're last in selection list, you have the JM badge, but you're not guaranteed to be JM. It's seemingly random.

However I was in a duo and for 12 games in a row I was the JM. Nothing random about that. If random, it's both Angel a statistical impossibility, and (b) an indication that Respawns method for seeding the random number generator is flawed.

Message 12 of 18 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrexRandoms more often than not pass it to me and in those cases I feel compelled to drop hot. :P

@Aegis_KleaisIf you are last in selection and choose your legend then you'll be JM but if you let it select automatically then it will go to someone else but I agree something is flawed as I can be JM all night.

Message 13 of 18 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Aegis_Kleais Not random at all if someone actively picks a legend. The last to actively pick a legend is always gonna be the JM. So if the first guy actively picks his legend and the others dont, he is gonna be the JM, same would be the case if first and second guy would actively pick their legends; second guy would be JM and so on. If no one actively does so, then it’ll randomly decide.
Message 14 of 18 (366 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM I may or may not have the same problem, especially if I’m doing well. I’m fairly relaxed though if they ping some place I go. I’d say the only place I don’t like is cage. That place gives me nightmares.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 18 (332 Views)

★★★ Guide

As far as I know if no one picks a legend and all went automaticaly then it's still the last one in the list, and it's not random.

Message 16 of 18 (314 Views)

Champion

The mechanics of JM literally mean nothing anyway as 90% of the time you find yourself being the JM regardless of who starts as it.

That other 10% is usually a instant nose dive straight out the ship and more often than not followed by a trip back to the lobby. At which point the cycle repeats again and you'll be JM. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 18 (294 Views)

★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOM  It depends of the situation. Usually i jump at the fastest/optimal time, so i know that at worst i'll get there in a similar time of other teams. Before that though, if i am JM i usually avoid the hottest zones, but if see that maybe one team went for it at best i'll do the same, even if they have a slight advantage in terms of time. Just not going for their same building is good. Of course sometimes when i choose a location it can happen that there are other 2-3 teams as well but you know, it's a BR. Problem is when people lack of common sense. Example: dropship goes from gauntlet to slum lakes. My teammate pings the Rig, he wants to go there. That made me a bit meh, because that would put us very far from the main action, but i'll stick with him, i'm not that toxic player that goes by himself leaving the team, even if i don't agree with their choices. Problem is he started dropping when we were above gauntlet, literally at the opposite corner of the map. Result? Landed in a no-man's zone between Cage and Capacitor--->bad loot. 

I know that people should understand it by themself but if after more than a year i still see these things maybe it just won't work this way. Raised eyebrow

Message 18 of 18 (273 Views)