Re: A REAL Battle royale mode

by AjoBoB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A REAL Battle royale mode

★★★ Apprentice

I know in pzvgw2 there was some type of battle royals mode but I’m talking an actual BALANCED one with MORE players is it possible I know battle streams is coming but more players may be better in a big area

Message 1 of 10 (620 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@LeCLoutGOAT wrote:

I know in pzvgw2 there was some type of battle royals mode but I’m talking an actual BALANCED one with MORE players is it possible I know battle streams is coming but more players may be better in a big area

Soil Survivor was in GW2 and it was super fun to those of us who enjoy that skill set.

There’s a clear divide in this community between those who enjoy Turf Takeover and the majority of other players/modes.  Most TT fans don’t like other modes and can be down-right rude about them but don’t let that discourage you.  These same people usually will not play other modes and I’m sure they’ll RUN from the upcoming Battle Arena.

This doesn’t mean your idea for a Battle Royale is crap, just not popular with some of the community.  How would balancing this mode be different than any other (so long as players have a chance to be on either team and not stuck as one side every game)...?

I am a fan of Team Vanquish and think a Battle Royale (or any new mode) would be great to (at least) try as a community.  Why not throw it in a weekly portal and analyze stats/community involvement?

If people enjoy new modes enough to keep them, why should that bother others who don’t enjoy them/participate (and vice versa)?

Your idea might not be the favorite of this forum but that doesn’t say anything about the entire community.  

By all means, don’t “go play Fortnite” and thanks for trying to be positive by ADDING to the forum instead of posting negatively every singe post.”  😊👍

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (530 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Oh please not another battle royale

Message 2 of 10 (564 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This isn't Fortnite.  If you want battle royale, go play Fortnite.

Message 3 of 10 (554 Views)

★★★ Expert
@LeCLoutGOAT So in a real battle royale plants/zombies would have to fight each other to win in the end. That isn't the spirit of this game.
Message 4 of 10 (550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LeCLoutGOAT wrote:

Soil Survivor was in GW2 and it was super fun to those of us who enjoy that skill set.

There’s a clear divide in this community between those who enjoy Turf Takeover and the majority of other players/modes.  Most TT fans don’t like other modes and can be down-right rude about them but don’t let that discourage you.  These same people usually will not play other modes and I’m sure they’ll RUN from the upcoming Battle Arena.

This doesn’t mean your idea for a Battle Royale is crap, just not popular with some of the community.  How would balancing this mode be different than any other (so long as players have a chance to be on either team and not stuck as one side every game)...?

I am a fan of Team Vanquish and think a Battle Royale (or any new mode) would be great to (at least) try as a community.  Why not throw it in a weekly portal and analyze stats/community involvement?

If people enjoy new modes enough to keep them, why should that bother others who don’t enjoy them/participate (and vice versa)?

Your idea might not be the favorite of this forum but that doesn’t say anything about the entire community.  

By all means, don’t “go play Fortnite” and thanks for trying to be positive by ADDING to the forum instead of posting negatively every singe post.”  😊👍

Message 5 of 10 (531 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

first of all thank you for the reply that was one of the best I have gotten on any forum, second me myself I’m just a fan of PVZ I’d like to see more modes added and characters numbers grow within those modes. I wouldn’t see anything wrong with pop cap or ea maybe beta testing an battle royale type of thing on this new iP. Some people might like it. I know for sure I will. And that’s for valuing others opinions 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾❤️

Message 6 of 10 (510 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There are ways to create your own br type of modes

Message 7 of 10 (509 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I do your welcome to join 

Message 8 of 10 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As @spIash_damage mentioned soil survivor was a cool mode added later to GW2 and it has the flavor of the battle royale but maintains the Plants vs. Zombies feel. The new battle arena mode looks to satisfy this mode really well. 

I prefer TT myself as I like objective play (when people play the objectives) over vanquishing but mixed mode has always been my favorite. 

As a disclaimer I tried Apex Legends and Fortnite BR, and loathed that style of play but soil survivors was really solid so the arena looks like it will be fun too.

Message 9 of 10 (465 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Iron_Guard8 I tend to notice people don’t really like arena where there is a choice to go into it yesterday at launch I seen no one in it then hours later the same but I get what your saying
Message 10 of 10 (368 Views)