Re: A Question for PC Players?

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Champion

Thanks for all of your feedback and responses so far! I will have to consider now if I should buy on PC or not. 

@Gormey  Do you mean what’s my purpose of wanting to buy this game on PC? Wondering

Message 11 of 20 (762 Views)

Ah... a gaming PC that I bought 2 years ago and fills recommended spec is not appropriate for BfN slightly.

If I play BfN for 1 hour or so, it sometimes becomes laggy.

Message 12 of 20 (741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Good point @CharlesHlcBendel . My machine is a bit older now but it was a beast when I got it so still above average today. Since my number one reason for my PC is gaming, I tend to splurge on it so I'm significantly over the minimum recommendations.

Message 13 of 20 (735 Views)

★ Expert
Message 14 of 20 (675 Views)

★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Agreed my rig is 2015 and still runs bfn on lowest settings at about 80 fps. One thing I didn't see on console was ability to remap bouttons on controller like you can on pc...I changed run to opposite thumbstick.

I think sprinter should mail me his console and I'll mail him my media pc.
Message 15 of 20 (670 Views)

Champion

@Gormey  For reasons such as having a second set of progress I can slowly work toward, I have always been curious and wanted to know what PC was like, I wanted to try playing the game with different controls, I’ll probably try and wait until the game goes on special.

Message 16 of 20 (598 Views)

★★ Guide

@Iron_Guard8 Yes, I think it's best to go even over the recommended settings for BFN. I played GW1 &2 on the same PC but when BFN was released it was unplayable due to lag.  I bought a long over due new PC and it was fine. This was before the lag issue was addressed by the Devs. Now the game never lags, now matter what the region or ping. I also find the PC world a fairly friendly place. 

Message 17 of 20 (457 Views)

★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Ok, have at it...knowing all game types besides turf and weekly are dead or close to it. But say good bye to garbage frame rates. If you plan to try team vanquish at all add me on origin.
Message 18 of 20 (571 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You can still generally get folks for open Ops. I had to do one for the challenge yesterday so instead of going private I jumped into the public portal and was the 4th player there. But otherwise, @Gormey is pretty much correct; TT is usually going well, the weeklies as well, and Ops are generally pretty good to find people to play with but since GW2 we've had issues with the other modes. I still feel it was best in GW1 when Mixed Mode had everything so you could see all the maps and modes in rotation. Those G&G maps worked just fine with 8 players too, unlike in BfN where 8v8 on the turf maps never felt like it worked that well.

Message 19 of 20 (564 Views)

Champion

Thanks for the information @Iron_Guard8  and @Gormey ! Standard smile

Message 20 of 20 (503 Views)