Re: A Question for PC Players?

by CharlesHlcBendel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Question for PC Players?

Champion

Hey everyone,

I play Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville on my Xbox console on an almost daily basis with my brother. I have also been considering buying it on the PC through Steam as well since I already own a Steam account. 

So, the question I would like to ask: do you think it’s worth me buying the game on PC as well? Do not worry about things like “You will miss out on Founders’ items and prize map items that have already come out of rotation” or “you will have to buy some legendary upgrades from Rux.” Do not worry, I have Console for that. 

The reason I am asking this is to determine whether I should spend money again on this game and whether it is worth having a secondary set of progress. I have heard a lot of things about PC, but I would love to hear opinions from PC players.

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 20 (1,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro

Hi @TheSprinter85 

I actually play on PS4 but have played on Origin before, like a couple times.

To be honest, even without cross progression, using PC as well isn't a half bad idea. It means that you can play with any people you know on PC, just without cosmetics and slight gameplay enhancements you may own on your console e.g. Wizard, upgrades etc.

It would be easier to use Origin to play Battle for Neighborville on PC (in my opinion) just because there's no need to link your Steam and EA Accounts to set it up, but if you'd rather use Steam there's nobody to judge. 

I'd recommend checking if your system matches the recommended PC specs here at the official site just so you get a smooth experience.

In conclusion: yes, it would be a good idea to play on PC as well, especially during the Summer Sale where the game costs like 10 dollars.

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (1,015 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Hi @TheSprinter85 

I actually play on PS4 but have played on Origin before, like a couple times.

To be honest, even without cross progression, using PC as well isn't a half bad idea. It means that you can play with any people you know on PC, just without cosmetics and slight gameplay enhancements you may own on your console e.g. Wizard, upgrades etc.

It would be easier to use Origin to play Battle for Neighborville on PC (in my opinion) just because there's no need to link your Steam and EA Accounts to set it up, but if you'd rather use Steam there's nobody to judge. 

I'd recommend checking if your system matches the recommended PC specs here at the official site just so you get a smooth experience.

In conclusion: yes, it would be a good idea to play on PC as well, especially during the Summer Sale where the game costs like 10 dollars.

Message 2 of 20 (1,016 Views)

@TheSprinter85
I am a PC player and I welcome you if you come to PC.
But I don't hit on good ideas that PC is better than Xbox.
PC players have an advantage or disadvantage relying on their PC spec, it is not fair (Xbox gameplay is fair).
I don't know PC player population is larger than Xbox population or not.
But again, I welcome you if you come to PC.
Message 3 of 20 (1,004 Views)

★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 Apart from empty Battle Arena and occasional toxic randoms, PC is really nice. Sometimes I feel like most of the problems mentioned on this forum just don't apply to PC players.
Message 4 of 20 (987 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I have been thinking about getting the game on pc as well. So thanks for the post and all the answers from pc players Standard smile
I have come to the conclusion that I'd rather upvote anything on here about cross play so PopCap knows we all want it so bad.
I'll wait until there is at least cross progression / saves.
Message 5 of 20 (976 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheSprinter85 It’s kinda bad tbh. Battle arena is dead and there is a huge problem with targeting due to the small player pool. I envy that you are able to be enjoying console lol.
Message 6 of 20 (865 Views)

★ Guide

@TheSprinter85 you should join on PC if you can. I would imagine starting over from level 1 would be an interesting experience itself. 

A complaint I hear a lot about PC is that the population is low relative to console, so actually, people joining would help increase the population Standard smile 

I am in the U.S., and I find full lobbies just fine during peak times on NA East. Though it certainly does happen, I haven't had too much issue with finding myself stuck in a lobby full of AI.

Message 7 of 20 (833 Views)

★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 What's your purpose?
Message 8 of 20 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I of course play via Origin. It's an odd situation overall as the PC player pool is apparently smaller than on console but I've encountered fewer issues than console folks report. I've never had any serious lag, even on Tourist Trap Island before they pulled it, as one major example. When the game first launched a lot of people did have some serious issues on PC and those may linger for certain builds but it's always performed well for me.

PC has the extra advantage of being able to use any key on the keyboard for abilities and I have a Razer Naga mouse so have thumb buttons for 1 to 0, -, and = keys, being able to set FoV and some other nice extras. 

Edit: Reading @stukapooka thread on toxic behavior he's encountered, I barely see this on PC at all. You can't send direct messages to people on Origin unless they're on your friends list (not sure on Steam to be honest, I do use Steam but not for this game), and while you will see some targeting, it doesn't seem as bad as on console, and some people like Super Sandiaa, a high level player I see a lot, always say GG, win or lose. 

Message 9 of 20 (761 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Interesting point of view I haven't seen here before. I don't know about steam either, but the part about there not being direct messages to strangers on origin seems to really help compared to console. Of course you can always turn it off on console, but it's the default setting that matters.
Thanks for sharing your experience on pc Standard smile!
Message 10 of 20 (742 Views)