Re: A Pipe Dream for Debate: Carbon meets Palm City

by Nyanbonecrush

Original Post

A Pipe Dream for Debate: Carbon meets Palm City

★★ Apprentice

Didn't expect you to click on my posts again. Things can change around here. Palm city could be a battleground. Tuners, Muscles, Exotics, and Crews fighting for Territory in the city, and it could all be settled in an update. But you'd never survive it...

You got... regions on an entire map, crews already in place, What if night mode in palm city... also became ...a game of war? Imagine... if there was an incentive to keeping territories? Every territory conquered boosts ups your heat level, give you other rewards, or maybe a free car. The territory could shift easily, the more crewmates attacking a turf, the better the faster the takeover. This could give a reason to join crews, make use of them, and have fun duking it out with other rivals!

However... What if we got some... Familiar faces? Here are my ideas for this content:

Idea 1: (Story idea A) An audi Le mans with a challenger concept, murcielago, and lancer in tow. No Darius to be found, just a familiar empire from Silverton, Palmont city looking to invade another land, and dominate the underground world of car culture. 

Idea 2: (Story idea B) Old bosses from Carbon are seen setting up shop in Palmont after Darius lost his crown. Each one offers something unique the others don't, and you get to decide which horse to back up.

Idea 3: NPC crews can try to hold territory too! Rotor 5, Los Calabros, or maybe some new faces like the Dream Killers? Perhaps some roaming NPCs can join your crew as wingmen to follow you. They could be able to block, draft, disable, or scout for you. If anyone from your team wins, it counts as a win for you too! (This could help with pesky cops. If they get busted, you lose them, and need to recruit some new ones.)

Idea 4: Universal crew wraps would be a great idea to show team spirit! you could go simple with a primary, and secondary color and a stripe down the middle of a car, Or create a universal wrap for crew minion cars! This would be up to the leader of the crew. Other crewmates can "Suggest designs" and a vote could be held to include it. The colors will not change, but the design may.

Idea 5: Insert power level caps to all turf modes to ensure balance. Underpowered levels are welcome, but overpowered are not allowed to have an advantage. The modes will be won by skill, not progression as a result. (No pagani huayra with a ford focus. Sorry.)

This will clearly make the game far more engaging and entertaining for all of us to enjoy, old and new to Nfs. This will make the game more tempting to buy, and extend the lifeline of the game, only needing to reset territories every month or other set time and date to re-conquer the palms. It pleases the nostalgia in veterans to the brand. Newbies will feel more empowered to race than ever before.

Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Nyanbonecrush Kenji's words in the intro.Nice wordplay.However any returning character/car from old games will cause plothole so I dont think it's a good idea to bring Palmont Boss bcak
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was unaware there may be plot holes. What I understood from Carbon's ending was as follows:

you are on top, and Darius is in exile from Palmont City, just like the player at the beginning. The fate of the Kenji, Wolf, and Angie is unknown (I like to think they were forced to race under the player at the end.)

I imagine there can be a motivation for the "Player" to expand his empire to Palm City. He could be the main antagonist for Palm City, and would never have a face revealed. the windows so tinted you can't see into it. The "Player" Would Drive the Audi Lemans Quattro the king car to the Stacked deck name.

If there was some other lore that I missed, Please let me know! 

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]

"You got... regions on an entire map, crews already in place, What if night mode in palm city... also became ...a game of war? Imagine... if there was an incentive to keeping territories?"

This already exists. It's unofficial but there's a Need for speed Heat turfwar community. The discord has a lot of active players looking for races a lot of the time and if you have a crew you can apply to be a part of the turfwar battles.

It's is only for fun though and yeah not in game sadly...

Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)