Re: A Call to Arms: TTVs

by dougieee

Original Post

Champion
@SlivPTS Are you referring to the banner timer? You're lucky that only happens rarely to you. The leaving problem is ridiculous on Apex. I've never known it happen on any other game as much as it does this one. The soloing/ hotdrop, dying and leaving frustates the hell out of me because it's always the newbiest player. You could warn them beforehand and they do it anyway. Or the refuse to drop with you die and spam pinging but Apex "is a team game".

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 20 (333 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper it's an embarrassment for them lol
Message 12 of 20 (323 Views)

★ Pro
@GH0STEDbyME
Yes, banner timer.
I rarely see players who refuse to get banner and/or revive, but teammates leave pretty much every game.
That's why there must be at least some penalty for leaving while teammates can revive/re-spawn you.
I'll say 2-5 minute penalty for leaving while teammates can revive you and 1-2 minute penalty for leaving while teammates can re-spawn you.
Message 13 of 20 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A healthy percentage of the time time people get knocked, they leave. This is especially true then they are streaming. You describe them as leaving only after they have evaulated their team members. Perhaps that is how you do it, but I can assure you that isn't what is happening more often than not. There is no way they have even left the gray screen post thirst before they leave.

This is true of TTV or normal players. Unfortunately you cannot know when people are going to do it, but if streamers expect us to be their content, I expect them to be our teammates. A much higher percentage of TTVs leave immediately, almost to exclusion of anything else. This angers me greatly, when anyone does it. I cannot know for sure who will do it, but I can isolate TTV as a hallmark for those that do.

Respawn said they were not going to bring back solos because Apex is a team game. Respawn has also not done anything about the leaving issue, effectively turning a game from a 3v3 to a 1v3 (or 2v2>>1v2 for duos). Respawn is a joke. They let this go on for way too long. I remember when they "accidently" had a leaver buster in s0 before removing it. They need to bring it back.

Message 14 of 20 (304 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@sixcloud Yeah, TTVs are terrible, so is anyone with Faze in their name XD, they always leave too.
Message 15 of 20 (301 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME it happens a lot in Fortnite too. More so in the latest season. It may well be beyond a certain cohort of players and now be a general mindset situation where if not instantly satisfied, leave. Patience seems to have gone out the window. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 16 of 20 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sixcloudThey need to just replace the respawn system. It's horrible as it is, that's what the problem is.

You're going to die 99% of the time you get respawned in, even if you don't die with in 1-2 minutes of being respawned in, you'll be lucky to get looted up again and have any chance at winning a fight.

People don't want their KD ruined because of a horrible respawn system. It's also not fun to get destroyed while standing absolutely no chance at survival. Why do it?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 20 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can appreciate (as a sentiment) keeping those numbers high, but it doesn't trump the fact that it is a team game. Truly, I would MUCH MUCH rather them bring back solos. Most players are bad and leave. If they won't enforce a leaver buster, make it so I can play all on my own from the get go.

Message 18 of 20 (276 Views)

★★ Expert

I would never play with anyone with twitch/ttv in their name. And I never do.

Message 19 of 20 (220 Views)

★★ Guide

Little kiddies = drop, die, repeat (ad finitum)

And then gloat about a KDR of +3 whilst not mentioning a winrate of less than 1%

I can go an entire 4 hour ranked sesh in random squad and i swear im the ONLY player that sees the point in 100rp for the win, everyone just charges around until they die praying they got 4kills and plus 4 rp.

So many wannabe twitch/ttv so desperate for content they are not aware they dont have enough skill to provide enough content to fill a urine sample bottle.

Message 20 of 20 (206 Views)