911 RSR ruined multiplayer

by fkae86

Original Post

911 RSR ruined multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just came to say that you managed to do make multiplayer boring af.
Unless you use the RSR, there is no point in playing multiplayer. It has such power in comparison to other cars, its just ridiculous.

And I just dont want to use it in every race. Its not about handling anymore.

So, either other vehicles need to be able to equal this or nerf the RSR. Otherwise this is really boring and Ill probably go to play other games.

Finally I found a playable nfs. I would even pay for some things in the game, but since it has no sense to do so as mp is rigged.

Message 1 of 22 (2,931 Views)

Re: 911 RSR ruined multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I agree, the car is Way too overpowered, however in real life.

911 RSR specs:

Technical Specs
EngineWater-cooled six cylinder boxer
Displacement4.0 liters
PowerApprox. 510 hp (375 kW) depending on restrictor
TransmissionSix-speed sequential constant-mesh gearbox
WeightApprox. 2,740 lbs (base weight as per rules)

The car clearly has a bias advantage given by Ghost, cuz I don't see any particular reason that this car should be so overpowered.

Message 2 of 22 (2,910 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They need to use them because they are incapable of competing through their own talents alone.

It's like a male cyclist winning in a women's event. We know why they won.

Message 3 of 22 (2,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

So true. Ghosts, just make RSR 2.8 slower, and Evo VII jsut a little bit slower, so it can be closer to other cars. Thanks!

Message 4 of 22 (2,818 Views)

★ Apprentice

One of the biggest problems with this line of thinking (although I'm actually with you in this particular car's case) is that there will always be that one car that is the best (some read this as "overpowered") and everyone will use it.  Yes, this car is vastly over-done in the speed department and REALLY needs to be scaled way, way back to it's "real-life" equivalent given similar parts.  But as I said, there's always that one car that is the most powerful AND agile and that is the one that gets used by those who have the in-game currency and the "skills" to drive it to a "solid finish" nearly every time...  If they get this car back to something more "realistic" then there will be another one to fix and so on and so forwarth.

Why not just get it yourself, max it out, and use it in those kinds of situations for now?  It's not over-powered if everyone has it, then there's a true battle for ya.  Who, if everyone has the same car and specs, has the skills to get it to the finish line first?  So what, you don't get to drive your precious ford or Koengseg in the multiplayer if you want to win, but who sais winning is everything?  If you want money or rep, I know much faster ways of getting it than racing the various races.

Message 5 of 22 (2,777 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Easy solution. Make the top 5-10 cars or so the same. Outright the same.

Message 6 of 22 (2,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

After re-downloading the game yesterday for today's update, I did a little track time test on the Problem Child track,no nos used and Ult+ parts:

Edit:  Opps wrong times, corrected.

Vulcan time - 3:50

Lancer Evo VIII - 3:52

LaFerrari - 3:48

F40:  3:43

and finally

911RSR - 3:45 (would've been 3:42 or 3:43, but the AI blocked me)

The car is at least 5 seconds faster(!!) than almost every car in this game, without even using Nos!  There is something clearly wrong with this picture.

No game, outside of NFS, has Ever buffed the RSR this much, Not Forza - Not Test Drive - Not any Racing Sims that have it - Not even The Crew 2 (and they have a definite bias habit), not-a-single-one.

Message 7 of 22 (2,729 Views)

★ Apprentice

I wasn't speaking about just the RSR lol.  Every arcady racing game out there will have that one car that is very unbalanced/overpowered.  I'm not saying that it's not a bad thing.  Just that I don't know of a single one that didn't do that at some point (either the initial 1.0 release to the public or in subsequent revisions).  It happens.  Now, a car that is 5 seconds faster than some of the hyper-cars?  Yea as I said I'm with you.  This thing is just ridiculous.  It REALLY needs to be retuned to something much more natural for what it is.  All I meant is that in the end, this almost always happens, if not always happens with these kinds of games (just not usually by THIS much).  Hell, it happens in other forms of games as well, take World of Warcraft for example, you know how many times they've had to fix way overpowered weapons/armor just because their in-house either made a mistake or just weren't anywhere near the level of the pro players out there?  And you know what happens EVERY time?  People load up the forums with "THIS THING IS TOO POWERFUL!!!! FIX IT!!!!"  But, in this case, at least you are providing evidence and being civil about it.  (god the forum whiners/haters... *shutters*)

TL;DR:

I'm with, and have been with you dude, the car IS too fast/powerful and needs a fix.

Message 8 of 22 (2,688 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol Porsche are always OP in NFS ever since Porsche Unleashed(the game for 15 years exclusivity of Porsche from 2000)CGT in BB NFS/918 Spyder in Criterion NFS/911 Carrera RSR 2.8 in Ghost NFS.If there was no exclusivity then Porsche wont be so special to EA/NFS
Message 9 of 22 (2,683 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TheInmate001 

Haha such is true, and it does happen a lot more often than I originally thought. 

I try my best to show restraint and be of a rational mindset, even when I'm frustrated with development decisions by gaming companies; I don't always succeed, but I do always try.  

Message 10 of 22 (2,653 Views)