by trip1ex

Original Post

Re: 6 months to release

★★ Expert
@emerson1975 "Don't be sad, that's just how it works out sometimes."
Message 11 of 23 (489 Views)

★★ Expert
@WindowsManTv_CZE Yeah, the April patch is to reach Alpha level, and the May one hopefully Closed Beta level.
When the Beta feedback is in we can consider a Open Beta in early September, and a release end of October.
Message 12 of 23 (462 Views)

★★ Expert
@emerson1975 sadly this is what happens if you have unexperienced devs without proper time to learn the ropes, absymal communications, mangers more occupied with chasing trends and cutting costs/corners then improving what is on offer and the greed of EA.... this game will most likely never get beyond a "meh"
Message 13 of 23 (439 Views)

★ Expert
@emerson1975 That it took them 4 months to even start to do anything about the fundamental issues (map-design, vehicle/infantry-balance) is disgrace.

And that the changes apparently takes several months to begin being implemented, are just as big a disgrace.
Message 14 of 23 (433 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@WindowsManTv_CZE We are now 3 months into 2022 and the only updates we've gotten are a scoreboard and a few small bug fixes that didn't impact that many people. I wouldn't get my hopes up about "huge" updates - I'll believe it when I see it.

Message 15 of 23 (406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Honestly i dont see any update putting out this dumpster fire.

Message 16 of 23 (390 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah I uninstalled the game right after update 3.3.  I might install the game again to see what the April update has to offer, but I am not real hopeful that it will be anything great that will make me want to continue to play this game.

Message 17 of 23 (336 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sadly I seriously doubt that. 

Would love to be wrong but they clearly don't have sufficient people working on this project to produce the much needed fixes and content.

A big update would have to include squad fixes (kicking/multiple squads been able to join the same server) and perpetual servers just to retain the few people still playing.  This would be a minimum.

The fact they didn't immediately add the scoreboard to the end of the round after the last patch shows just how little time is been spent on this game.
Saying that, the fact they didn't have the scoreboard at the end of the round shows how little they understand and how deaf they are to the players.

They have abandoned this even quicker than they abandoned BFV.

This has been by far the worst BF I have played (been playing since BF1942).
It is frustrating and disappointing to see what they have done to this franchise.

Message 18 of 23 (319 Views)

★★★ Guide

@WindowsManTv_CZE wrote:
Hello @trip1ex

There is huge Update coming into BF2042 in April. Also there will be another one in May and Im sure both Updates will include huge changes / fixes and improvements for the game to be ready for Season 1 in Summer. Standard smile

So, you're happy that a AAA game may possibly be in a fit state to release almost a year after it was actually released?

Oh, and I don't consider VOIP, an end of round scoreboard, and a few bug fixes a huge update.

These are the sort of things that should have been added incrementally in a live service. From dev tweets we are learning that things like the extinguishers have been fixed for a while but not released. It's almost as if all the work that has been done has had its release delayed so they can use it to bulk up the april patch.

Message 19 of 23 (306 Views)

★★★ Expert

Ill take it as something positive at this point!

Message 20 of 23 (268 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help