Re: 5vs5 only ? Or 5vs5 + AI starfighters ?

by ChadSquadron88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

5vs5 only ? Or 5vs5 + AI starfighters ?

★★ Guide

Hello there ! 

Please can someone confirm that there will be more than 10 starfighters at same time on a map ?

5vs5 players maximum looks really like a solid decision concerning gameplay, balance and maybe technical issues.

However, Star Wars space battles need more starfighters to dogfight with ! (even if they are quite inoffensive, just for fun and immersion) 

Please just tell me there are tons of Starfighter AI to fill up the space ! And waiting for our lasers shots !

Please consider and support. 

May The Force Be With You, Always. 

PS: @F8RGE Thanks the team and you for all the work and support !

#Death star assault with final trench run ! Please Just Do it ! 

Message 1 of 10 (1,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

https://twitter.com/JayKingIngram/status/1273797909591416832?s=20

Looks like AI bots alongside the 5vs5 squads definitely confirmed ! Thanks a lot !

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (923 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
@ChadSquadron88 I sure hope so, as only 10 players in a massive map sounds kind of lackluster.
Message 2 of 10 (1,187 Views)

★★ Pro
@ChadSquadron88 There are 2 modes: one with 5v5, and one with capital ships. I think the capital ships might have more, but I can’t confirm thst
Message 3 of 10 (1,148 Views)

★★ Guide

Please. Can someone confirm it's 5vs5+AI starfighters/bots ? And Not full 5vs5 only ? 

I hope so...

Message 4 of 10 (1,068 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ChadSquadron88 I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to confirm that. Perhaps if one of the developers would like to chime in or let one of the community managers know the answer, but no one outside of EA knows the answer for certain as it has not been revealed.
Message 5 of 10 (1,062 Views)

★★ Guide

@Player20092 wrote:
@ChadSquadron88I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to confirm that. Perhaps if one of the developers would like to chime in or let one of the community managers know the answer, but no one outside of EA knows the answer for certain as it has not been revealed.

This is a sensible communication point.

That i'm sure can help to convince some sceptical players about this game.

I hope a dev or a community manager saw this discussion and will answer us soon.

This game can seriously become iconic... Unmissable VR and more ! 

High hopes... But realistic ! 

Message 6 of 10 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I personally think that if larger scale battles don't become a thing within a couple of months then they would have partially missed the mark and the game will probably die a quick death.

5v5 fleet battles is good for long term fan base but larger scale fleet battles would have sold this game to almost every Star Wars fan.

Even with the above said, I am still probably going to buy this game. In VR it will be truly breathtaking.

Message 7 of 10 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They do mention AI in Fleet Battles. However whether or not these are just to replace missing players or increase the battle size, is unknown.

However for Dogfight, 5v5 is just fine, but I agree that Fleet Battle needs a bigger theater. 

Message 8 of 10 (986 Views)

★★ Guide

https://twitter.com/JayKingIngram/status/1273797909591416832?s=20

Looks like AI bots alongside the 5vs5 squads definitely confirmed ! Thanks a lot !

Message 9 of 10 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's great to hear, I was worried about that! Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (872 Views)