5 man squads

by Assassinx210

Original Post

Accepted Solution

5 man squads

★★★ Apprentice

During the pre alpha gameplay I saw that there were 4 people to a squad. I'm hoping they bring back 5 to a squad like BF1 so I can play with all my friends.  I don't know why they down sized it to 4 in BF1

Message 1 of 22 (1,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 5 man squads

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yep, 4 man squads confirmed. A couple reasons for them choosing 4 man squads come to mind. There's four classes so each member of the squad can be a different class. Assault, support, engineer, and sniper.

The second reason I can think of is that 4 man squads divides evenly into 128 players. I don't know if these are the reasons DICE chose to go with 4 man squads, but it's my best guess as to why.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (1,009 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yep, 4 man squads confirmed. A couple reasons for them choosing 4 man squads come to mind. There's four classes so each member of the squad can be a different class. Assault, support, engineer, and sniper.

The second reason I can think of is that 4 man squads divides evenly into 128 players. I don't know if these are the reasons DICE chose to go with 4 man squads, but it's my best guess as to why.

Message 2 of 22 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Assassinx210 5 doesnt go into 64 sadly
Message 3 of 22 (986 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@OskooI_007 I always felt there should be some sort of squad link up. So if you got 2 squads that all want to be on the same coms and work together they can form a platoon.

It would add a lot to the 64/64 battles.
Message 4 of 22 (956 Views)

Hello @Assassinx210

I wish to have 5 man squads too but 5 can't fit into 64 or 128 so noone is left behind. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 5 of 22 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Assassinx210well in a few armies around the world squad(brick) is the smallest fire team.

In the trailer some vehicles you would have notice tanks, little bird, Osprey and jeeps all have 4 man crews. Unlike previous BF where often 1 or 2 squad mates missed out.

I think the 4 man squad + vehicle is better option for teamplay. 

Message 6 of 22 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@WindowsManTv_CZEahh you are right. we are 2 players away from 130 and making it even 5 players per squad.

Message 7 of 22 (926 Views)

★★ Guide
@GRiPSViGiL something like this I think would be a cool option for players trying to stick together w their friends and prevent other squads from having less then 4.
Message 8 of 22 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The first 3 man locked squad throws the "4 goes into 128" argument out the window. 

Message 9 of 22 (882 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah, this can't really be about all squads being the same size.  If that's what is driving this, then no more locked squads then?

Message 10 of 22 (866 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help