5 Community Ideas For Developers’ Livestream

by spIash_damage

Original Post

5 Community Ideas For Developers’ Livestream

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

My Proposal:

Seeing how devs prefer to communicate via livestream, maybe this list (that will represent our collective concerns) could be discussed at some point...?  (🤞🙏)

Our Concerns/Topics:

1.  Rainbow Stars should be obtainable in-game and/or exchangeable for Bulbs and/or Coins.

2.  Team Swap should be removed (temporarily, at minimum).

3.  Solo Play should be available for all modes (same concept and implementation as GW2, including Private Play).

4.  Turf Takeover should be reverted to 12v12.  If not, spawn locations and a few settings should be tweaked.

5.  Ops Phase 3 ETA or update, please?  Followup: we’d prefer the option to pick our faction and map (just like GW2).

Alternate Topic Choices:

1.  New Character Additions - we think two characters should be added (one for each faction) rather than adding only one new for zombies.

2. Healers Need Love - we think healers/medics receive too little xp (including revives which many of us believe healers should revive quicker, as a base character, than others).

3.  Empty Health Bars - pleas

4.  Rux’s Stickerbook or whatever type of inventory BfN is going to use should be viewable already. FollowupReward-O-Tron - will it be refilled and ETA, if so

5.  Trello Board Status Updates - we would like an update regarding issues that’ve been idle for weeks/months, please?

How This Can Work:

Make a comment with your list of most important topics and/or vote for the existing topics' list placement (based on order of importance to you - this isn't a debate; no right or wrong)....

In a few days, we'll edit this list and hopefully it can land in the hands of devs?

All due respect, we understand devs might not be able to discuss all topics so a few alternates (that devs could speak on in place of items on our list) could be voted on, too?

Huge thanks to anyone who takes the time to participate in this thread.  If it flops/dies, at least I tried? 🤷🏼‍♂️😊

Note: I prefer @dwooten77 's idea to meet with devs via community committee but realize that's less feasible (logistically) than this less interactive attempt to communicate.

EDIT:  Several edits have been made only to add items to the list...

Message 1 of 93 (1,559 Views)

Re: 5 Community Ideas For Developers’ Livestream

★★★★★ Guide
@spIash_damage Thank you for taking the lead on this. This is a comprehensive list of topics, and you have covered what I believe to be the most urgent issues in the game.

If I were to add one topic, it would concern the future of Mr. Reward-O-Tron 9000. It will eventually need more items. Perhaps older prize map items could end up there eventually?
Message 2 of 93 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Pro

image1.jpg

A status update on all of these would be nice aswell

Message 3 of 93 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damageGood stuff! I think all of the critical issues have been covered. Other issues that might perhaps be covered at some future point could include the following:

• Weekly Event Challenges - the past couple of weeks have seen less awkward ones so it's possible this has been recognised & addressed, but would at least like all challenges to be achievable regardless of team

• XP for Support Classes reviewed & Objective  XP in team game modes

• Community Events - might be covered under Rainbow Stars, but even if not linked to that, would like them introduced

• In-game Tutorials - anyone new to the franchise would benefit from even basic ones for PvE, game modes & characters (playing GW recently has reminded me of the brief ones you had when you unlocked each of the abilities). An information booth could perhaps be added to the plant & zombie bases where players can go for information.

I'm sure I can probably think up lots more (!) but those are my thoughts for now.
Thanks! 👍

ADDED: Perhaps tied in with Ops (?) but BOSS HUNTS

Message 4 of 93 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ToastedSarnie@spIash_damage, you both pointed out important topics.
I don't have much to add:
1) players who wait for others in empty lobbies should be able to move in certain areas. I'd like some kind of queue where players can hang around Giddy Park while in the background the queue stacks up a full lobby. If full all players will be ported to the level. ( Hope this is clear, Having problems to find the words today)
2) pretty much the same about the magical unicorn queue. Who wants to stay in that queue if you literally can't do anything but staring at the monitor.

Message 5 of 93 (1,443 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Any ETA for that stream? 

I minda holdin on my last breath, to say **** it delete the game and forget as bad dream.....

I Definetly need to know, will there be reversal to 12v12 in TT, if not look above, i won't be mad, ill just quit and leave, but thise silense make me boil inside with anger........

And really want to know about Phace 3 for Ops, enough time has passed since Phace 2 to start givin info about P3, what it will be!? Will it just gonna be content fill, with new BOSSes and maps without changin core mode, or it will actually gonna be big change and we gonna have more waves. base position choise. difficulty choices.. 

But, honestly, lookin at info we have, hopes are low almost ground level. One new map in freakin February! New character in Marth! ONE, NEW CHARACTER, not one for each side!! If devs think thats proer support for a game, they are sooo wrong. 

I need HONESTY, i really want to hear devs say something like, "We made experiment with BFN, wanted to change game, it failed, we gonna do huge reworking, to make it feel like GW" or "We not gonna change game, because we think we goin right way, we want to go that way, if you don't like it deal with it, noone holdin you play BFN" thats fine i wont be angry.

Message 6 of 93 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Only thing I have to add so far and it has been mentioned... but in-game currency/multiple currencies... what are they for?
All currencies need to have a purpose, and give us a reason to play... otherwise, why bother collecting anything... it is all useless and unrewarding in any way.

About to hit 15 million useless coins (as are many others) and I am reasonable rich in Tacos, Badges and Marshmallows... stopped collecting them mostly long ago  as the fun involved in collecting them disappeared when we realised they were going nowhere.... we could exchange them for coins....
oh no wait......................................

The obvious answer is an exchange system.... let us use our coins (and excess bulbs) for Rainbow stars.

Message 7 of 93 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Solo play is a big want for me. Also switching turf back to 12v12 would be amazing, as well as team swapping being fixed.

Message 8 of 93 (1,384 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Great brain work here! Love seeing everyone’s ideas.

@ippig  I think the freedom to mess about before matches start would keep more people in lobbies.

@ToastedSarnie  yesterday, I realized that we should be able to move our after-death camera in order to see whether teammates plan to revive.  Made me think of your Sunflower play. 🤷🏼‍♂️😊

@TLEsquire  I played Ops ALL DAY (off and on) and couldn’t get that Yeti Elite to come out. 🤦🏼‍♂️  I hope we have the ability to play Elite or non-Elite Ops when Phase 3 launches.

Message 9 of 93 (1,361 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Another thing... I want cross play as bad as the next and while it would no doubt make our top 5 list, I think the game needs to be fixed before trying to mesh platforms.

@EA_David . or @EA_Lanna ... if this topic blows up the likes and Me Too’s today, maybe we could get the list in the hands of devs?

Message 10 of 93 (1,352 Views)