Re: 450k watching fortnite compared to our 30k

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

450k watching fortnite compared to our 30k

That just goes to show where our money is going. The money we spend on this game clearly dosent go back into it. We have seen minimal improvement throughout this games lifetime and only in areas where EA and Respawn can get more money out of it i.e cosmetics. Fortnite in the time this game has been out had multiple different weapons and gadgets and easily rotated out new weapons. Now i understand that this is not fortnite but apex legends. That being said we should easily have 20 legends out right now but here we are with 13. The fact that our money is not going back into this game nearly as much as it has been fortnite can be seen in the fact they just recently opened up a studio in canada for apex. Are you kidding me? That should have been done when you profited 70 million in 30 days.

EAs and Respawns greed is notorious in every game they release and the same applies here. They dont care about making the game better or getting more players. As long has they have a chart saying theyre making 50million a month off it they are perfectly content with letting it rot. Maximum profit margin with minimum effort.

Message 1 of 52 (1,029 Views)

★★ Pro
@SDS_JuggernautTV Then go play fortnite and stop complaining
Message 2 of 52 (1,019 Views)

I made this post because im concerned about the future of this game, You should be just as upset at these numbers as i am considering how bad fortnite is compared to apex. They just invest into their game where EA and Respawn dosent and that is totally unfair. You should get off my post with your worthless comment because you probably care about the game just as much as they dont. Just a shame i cant delete comments from worthless individuals like yourself Frown

Message 3 of 52 (1,013 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree with what you are saying. This game seems to be falling into the same fate as most of EA's games as of late. They drip feed content while the player base continues to diminish. PC the cheater problem is rampant, Because of my SBMM my queues take forever at times and when I do get into a game I have to try so hard even in non-ranked. Apex is a good game but it can be so much better I just see it happening though.  

Message 4 of 52 (994 Views)

★★ Expert

It truly is a shame that the game has slowly been on the decline through the fault of the devs and EA. Absolutely pathetic how they took something that easily distinguished itself in an over saturated market with mobility centered fast paced combat and multiple marketable improvements over other games (most notably the pinging system and the ability to revive your teammates) and simply doing nothing with them.

Apex, the game where you hand someone all the tools for success and somehow someway they still manage to fail miserably. 

Message 5 of 52 (946 Views)

@pastaclown thats what ive been saying this entire time this game is leaps and bounds better then anything else out there right now in terms of fps and 3ps and they have been letting it rot since the start of the game
Message 6 of 52 (937 Views)

★★ Guide
@SDS_JuggernautTV I completely agree with the author, nothing interesting happens as if the game lives its own life and this is sad Frown
Message 7 of 52 (934 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was a fan since Apex launch, but they are going down slowly, it's so sad when a game can not keep it's old players, it's sad when they know players community is sad about something and instead of correcting or at least explaining it, they make a joke about it, that's when you lose fans and players and viewers.  

Chad Grenier, Respawn Entertainment’s design director and game director: I have a kind of a funny thing that we joke about in the office, when we’re talking about things like the Pathfinder nerf, we use SBMM as a scale, like; ‘how upset are people gonna be, SBMM angry, or…?’ [laughs]

reference:https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/03/apex-legends-interview-sbmm-titans-story-secrets-pathfinder-nerf/

As a fan I can see even streamers are kinda annoyed because of remained bugs, lack of content and very late updates, and yes they switch to other games. Many moved from PUBG to Apex, but now they are back to PUBG, just because of things like this.

Message 8 of 52 (921 Views)

★ Expert

While i agree that Apex probably is slightly decreasing its playerbase, Fortnite's numbers will never be reached by any other BR because it's just too popular among kids and major streamers play it only to get easy money from them. Apex lacks of good updates and community feedback, i mean everyone keeps asking for big improvements in terms of servers and connection, but after a year and a half we still didn't see any of these, instead we saw the situation become worse and worse. A prime example of this is the last ALGS tournament. In one lobby the server crashed while in some others there was consistent lag. That's not how you present your game worldwide, and of course if this keeps going the few big streamers that play Apex eventually will stop, and we'll see even a bigger downfall. Or i could talk also about bugs not being fixed from season 5 launch(not even mentioned by devs). I really hope they'll realize that big changes to the game are needed because as it stands now a lot of people is more frustrated than happy to play it.

Message 9 of 52 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm a Season 1 player, over 1300 hours my LVL is in the 400s, and I'm hanging in there, but the cheating is out of hand, but I still love the game, I just take a different approach to it, to outsmart and kill the cheaters is all.

Bottom Line: Unless you work for EA, who's to tell honestly, what the reasons are for what we see? I can't imagine the juggling act a company like this must do, in order to produce a free game, the amount of time and development/developers needed, which takes away from the other projects, to keep the money in a business.

HEY PEOPLE: Cut EA some slack, the entire world with COVID-19 is in a mess, and it's not right of people to be so negative, this doesn't help anyone! They are people just like you and me, with friends, families, loves one like all of us, so really CUT THEM SOME SLACK! The Developers of EA, many are just employees like any company, so sitting talking trash, how do you think it might make them feel?

Anyhow...

Sit back and chill out people, and wait and see what comes next!

PEACE

Message 10 of 52 (870 Views)