Re: $4.99 for one car? Slow down EA...

by Jungle-Beard

Original Post

$4.99 for one car? Slow down EA...

★ Guide

So... ~5 months since game release and no PVP speedlist, no AI fix, no fps drop fix, no RSR nerf, no proper stance, no proper perf tuning... yet you ask money for one single car. Large smile

You better come with some player-friendly marketing before you kill this franchise... unless you really want to kill it.   

Message 1 of 28 (1,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

for $4.99, i better be able to at least change the license plate! Large smile

Message 2 of 28 (1,504 Views)

★★ Guide

Classic EA money grab. First they scam children into buying a useless objective location pack, and now they're scamming children into buying a p2w vehicle.    All this with 0 actual updates.  

No, patching in "fixes" that should of been caught by the QA and Playtest Teams is not an update. These are things that should of been solved before the broken, unfinished release. But EA would rather scam clients into thinking otherwise.

Message 3 of 28 (1,421 Views)

★ Pro
@Jungle-Beard Yeah idk what it is either but most of the things they do is moving trees around it seems.
Message 4 of 28 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Pretty obvious, but it sounds to me like this game didn't sell very well, hence some micro-transaction options.

Is it P2W?  Not quite, since it's all available.  Pay to get the shinnies faster?  Sure it is, but it's not like it takes forever to get anything anyways; just a few days / weeks.  

I don't have a problem with it myself, but $4.99 is too much; now $2.99, sure.

Message 5 of 28 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What's worse is that not only do you have to pay for the car but then you have to do a bunch of stupid STUFF to be able to fully trick it out. If you've paid real money for the thing, it should come with all of the options enabled without having to do a bunch of grind first...

Message 6 of 28 (1,270 Views)

★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol Well the problem is this is the best car in the game now right besides the RSR. Creating this illusion that you need to buy it. No no no screw you EA. If this update had more to it than just cars and a few more races, I might have thought a bit different about this.
Message 7 of 28 (1,250 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I like the car but think that it is over priced. Should be a mutli car pack for that amount of change.imo

Message 8 of 28 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The fact that they said there will be no microtransactions, and now look where we are now. I do hope this game will not end up like Payback, but what am i saying this is EA we are talking about. 

Message 9 of 28 (1,202 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@selticus1978 I said before game release EA is playing words with the we dont have microtransaction AT THE LAUNCH of the game.It certainly means they can add cash-grab back after some time.So not surprised by a pointless cash-grab DLC
Message 10 of 28 (1,157 Views)