3rd Partying, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th partying.

by GumpnStein

Original Post

3rd Partying, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th partying.

★★★ Novice

It wasn't this way the first week the game came out, but as more and more players understand the map/game/characters etc everyone has came to the same meta conclusion to push gun fights.  5 out of 6 gun fights in the game currently involve getting 3rd partied, and then that 3rd party getting 4th partied.  I have very very few complaints about the game but this isn't even the same game after a week due to this.  The fix?  I don't know....You guys are great devs I hope you figure it out, I just wanted to start a thread because it's a problem.  Maybe if I can't hear gun shots from a player inside a building from 300m away, which is like half way across the map literally, that would be the simple fix to cut out some of it.  I don't want to see major changes to an amazing game to combat this issue, making the map larger shouldn't be the answer, but surely there is a simple fix twerk to help out.  We have complained about it all night and actually started leaving a fight to come back to catch the 3rd and 4th parties but that just makes us the 2nd party and recreated ourselves into the 5th party.  Just left a game where we got hit with the 8th squad in a 20x20m area and despite having nearly 20+ loot crates around us one of our mates was out of ammo.   It's bad.

Message 1 of 13 (5,219 Views)

Re: 3rd Partying, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th partying.

★★ Novice

The best way to avoid this problem is to kill the enemy team fast. Once your team gets the first knock, have your pathfinder make a zip line to them and clean them up. Push, push, push. 

Message 2 of 13 (5,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Maybe you missed the part where what is causing this is the problem is the mere fact that pushing is OBVIOUSLY WHAT YOU DO.   Which is why everyone pushes which is why in this game there is a thing called getting 6th partied. Actually the first sentence in my post literally says the meta is to push.  And I don't need a zipline to get to a guy who is dead at my feet while 3 other groups are on their way from every direction.  

Message 3 of 13 (5,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@FullTeamOnMe wrote:

The best way to avoid this problem is to kill the enemy team fast. Once your team gets the first knock, have your pathfinder make a zip line to them and clean them up. Push, push, push. 

Missing the point completely. 

Message 4 of 13 (4,407 Views)

★★★ Expert

Capitol city stories. 

Message 5 of 13 (4,401 Views)

★★ Pro

You nailed it... This issue won't be fixed until the sound is fixed. I shouldn't be in Refinery and be able to say, "Oh, looks like they're fighting in Overlook. Let's go." lol

Message 6 of 13 (4,345 Views)

★ Expert
@jonesy0218 My gripe with KC, and probably why I din't care for it much.
Message 7 of 13 (4,336 Views)

★ Guide

It really is a problem. Not that games are unwinnable but what the op is saying is basically every game. Of course we've figure what to do, he not asking for solutions on how he can get out of being third partied. He's bringing up a legitimate point that's wrong with World's edge. Literally same game almost Everytime. If they are going to keep world's edge they needed to more escapes routes. The choke points in this map are so bad

Message 8 of 13 (4,314 Views)

★★ Guide

The way to combat this is to not push. Be the 4th, 5th, or 6th party to push the fight. Patience is a really big part of this game that most people miss. I could get to the final 2 almost every time if I wanted to play it safe, but thats not fun. You gotta listen for the gunfire, get into a position where you can see the fight and surrounding areas to watch for other teams pushing, then you wait for the gunfire to start dropping off. If it stops completely then it might be too late. Then you come and clean up the last squad while they are looting/healing. Everyones creating this issue because everyones so thirsty. The problem isn't the game, the problem is the way everyone is choosing to play it. You do not have to play it that way. 

Message 9 of 13 (4,297 Views)

@FullTeamOnMe I agree, but it’s easier said than done, especially in SBMM.

I think third partying os part of the game dynamic. Yeah it sucks when it happens to your squad. But it’s awesome when you have a bad load out and 4th party someone, then have 6+ death boxes to loot.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 13 (4,281 Views)