Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

3+ minute load times.

by Whiskyse7en

Original Post

3+ minute load times.

★★★★ Novice

I'm loading in a long time after my friends, up to a few minutes. My internet isn't losing connection or having issues (not even hitting 50% on my network), and randoms can connect quicker too. If i play solo i have very long load's as well, much longer than during the demo. 

I'm running a 4790k i7, gtx 980. Tried repairing and updating. Just want to know if their is anything i can do to fix this. Thanks.

Message 1 of 23 (599 Views)

Re: 3+ minute load times.

★ Apprentice

I put the game on a Samsung Solid State Drive and the longest load I get now is about 15 seconds.

Message 2 of 23 (581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm using an evo 970 Pro M2.drive and I still see as high as 60s to load... it is clearly not just disk IO

Message 3 of 23 (576 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Excessive loading time too : any parameter for ram cache on PC ? (never seen this on recents AAA games on my highend rig)

Message 4 of 23 (548 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In all my years of pc gaming i have never ever seen load times like this its bloody ridiculous.

Message 5 of 23 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Put your Game on your SSD = Resolved issue.

Message 6 of 23 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am, but it doesn't make sense. all of my games are on the same drive and i've never seen this before. No resource cap other than gpu. Doesn't add up, unless they have an optimization update waiting for the 22nd.
Message 7 of 23 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I sincerely hope they do because of the long load times if you have a mechanical drive some missions because it has taken you so long to load in it effectivly thinks you have left, replaces you in the queue and kicks you out of the mission. The difference between SSD and a mechanical drive on some games is noticable by about 5 to 10 seconds, but 4 MINUTES, get real. This is clearly an optimisation problem they have screwed up really bad, and the 95% load problem where it sticks is also caused by this.

Message 8 of 23 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just swapped to an SSD Helped a little still last to load in. not even coming close on bandwidth, or stalling on cpu or gpu. idk what the deal is but i'm betting it's on their end. They need to be releasing patches. This is becoming a bit of a joke.

Message 9 of 23 (420 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I installed the game on SSD and got 30-40 secs to go...

Message 10 of 23 (402 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help