Re: 2k with Caustic!

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@MandatoryIDtagIf i had to guess, the devs intentionally made shotguns this way to prevent them from becoming the OP CQC weapon. Honestly if the mastiff could hit consistently for 40-60 damage, it would be way OP. Remember the April fools moz prank? It was fun for about 3 rounds.

I look at BFV which has good shotguns. The shotguns are legit shot guns and absolutely destroy everything in CQC out side of that they are garbage. But in BFV you can't carry 2 guns.. If we only had one gun and people really had to sacrifice everything else for a super dominate CQC weapon, it might work. How ever, they can fill that gap with a Hemlock/R-301 or Flatline. IMO dominate shotguns would make CQC way too easy and not come with an expense attached to that dominance in CQC. So add in requiring a bit of accuracy to make them viable weapons. Just think of when the PK was OP, it outside of its excessive range it functioned as a legit shotgun. The problem was it made CQC way too easy for everyone and made every other CQC gun nearly useless. Who ever had the PK then won the CQC fight. Similar stuff would happen if they made shotguns easy to be consistent with.

I don't know how much the Mastiff has changed since it became a floor weapon. But late when it was a care package weapon, that thing was amazing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 25 (203 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag That sound like you bought a brand new RV, let it rust in your garage for a decade and then taking it out for a spin and having it break down on you in the middle of nowhere with no cell coverage kind of camping xD.

@DarthValtrex exactly xD
Message 22 of 25 (182 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  Landed in frag found a charge rifle and my team died, circle kept closing in on frag so I just figure I'd make everyone else's day difficult. :D

Sometimes you can't just sit back and watch the world burn...you gotta throw that match yourself. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 25 (175 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I have you beat, sort of.. 1480 damage with a charge rifle, 0 kills. Similar thing happened except this was Season 3 and I was in one of the towers between I think sorting factory and Capital.. Just sat up there and farmed damage of everyone who tried to come through that small canyon. Then watched the third partying chaos unfold.

Targets were chosen based on who ever looked like they needed the help the most. Amazing how one person with a charge rifle in a tower can shift a fight into the favor of the team who's losing the fight... Ring was ending up at Sorting and there were 3 squads hugging the very edge of the ring near my tower. Anyone popped their head up they got zapped. One of the teams figured out they could rush me 3vs1 and take me out. I bailed from the tower and had 3 teams very angry teams coming at me dead set on killing me first. Apparently they did not find it as entertaining as I did. Wish I had a clip of that now..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 25 (159 Views)

★ Expert

I'm trying to get the 20 kill badge on Wraith, had a 17 kill game this morning, i was so close Disappointed.

Message 25 of 25 (154 Views)