Re: 24 Feburary 2021 TIE Def Nerfed again

by Reposter

Original Post

24 Feburary 2021 TIE Def Nerfed again

★★ Pro

Hi guys, just for your info, the TIE Defender got nerfed again.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222730/eventcomments/3115899349859358879/

Message 1 of 10 (1,194 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter I think it's deserving. Despite the last nerf, most high level Empire dogfighters will still see the Defender as the go-to starfighter, rendering the Interceptor's role redundant. When one meta completely replaces another meta, it's generally an indication that more balancing is required
Message 2 of 10 (1,181 Views)

★★ Pro
@Metric-SINISTER I would like to see Videos that prove that the TIE Def is OP in Dogfight PVP.

I also would like to see Fleet Battle PVP Matches that prove that TIE Def is OP.
Message 3 of 10 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter I hope you are watching the finals of the Calrissian Cup right now where teams of 5 defenders are dominating EVERYTHING.

And in the current finals the winning side has been playing empire EVERY TIME.
Message 4 of 10 (1,074 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And now 4 of 4 games in the final match have been won by the Empire...

Message 5 of 10 (1,071 Views)

★★ Pro
@RTW702 Could you post a video link, I searched the web and do not see the Finals Videos...
Message 6 of 10 (1,040 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 7 of 10 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RTW702I just peeked at the Video, and I saw some New Republic winning... as well as Imps?

Message 8 of 10 (996 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter The highest level match favored the empire everytime. They featured 4 or 5 Defenders at a time. The 5th game in that match being won by the Rebels bucked that trend but it doesn't change the fact that 80% of those were won by defender heavy teams. And it was, by that metric, an upset that SPL won the 5th game with the Rebels.

The trends of the highest level players and matches in the comptetive game are very telling.
Message 9 of 10 (985 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Difficult task to balance the defender so that the top players aren’t stomping NR but average players still have fun playing it...

Hope the changes stay serverside...

I‘d love a „simulator mode“ that would try to get all the values as close to canon lore as possible without giving any thought to balance. 

So we had the standard balanced mode for competitive MP and an immersive mode for those who just want to fight in these beautiful ships as close to SW lore as possible Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (964 Views)