2023 Season Grand Prix Megathread

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

Re: Bahrain GP Discussion Thread

★★★★★ Pro
@Nuvolarix I wouldnt focus so much on the engine problems for Ferrari which were likely not performance related so they wont be required to turn down their engines..

However i agree with the rest, Jeddah is gonna suit Ferrari more although their tyre wear and heating might hurt them in the race later on, their initial pace should be better, maybe even equal to RB, Merc maybe a little ahead of Aston Martin but losing that edge in the long run
Message 51 of 1,992 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Pro

@P4st3l1ak RB did double retirement in 2022 but the performance was there. Sainz in 2023 ended the race 48 seconds behind with Verstappen having no need to push (Leclerc let’s say 35 though), almost 1 second per lap. Huge gap.

Message 52 of 1,992 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Meza994 yeah it looks control unit issue, hopefully not engine 

Message 53 of 1,992 (1,023 Views)

Re: 2023 Season Grand Prix Megathread

★★★ Apprentice

Hi ! I am new to the forum here and a new avid fan of F1. The Bahrain GP was awesome . Can’t believe the traction on the Aston Martin and Alonso made an amazing move on Lewis .

The teams I am mainly interested in are Mercedes and Williams . I like the Rookie for Williams Logan Sargeant and Lewis Hamilton for Mercedes . I also like Mick Schumacher and was really glad to see he became a reserve driver for Mercedes. 

Message 54 of 1,992 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@nailyzooWelcome

I didn’t realise Mick jr had become Mercedes reserve driver. That’s really good. Was sad that he lost his seat last year. Hope he gets another drive in the future.

Yes awesome move by Alonso. 

Message 55 of 1,992 (980 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the warm welcome . Yeah , I was sad to see Haas let go of Mick , and hope to see get another shot . I really like Toto Wolf and I can definitely see him and Mick working great .

Message 56 of 1,992 (977 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@nailyzoo I really like Toto… but that maybe because I really dislike Horner😂
Message 57 of 1,992 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I like Guenther, he's a star of Drive2Survive, every season Wink

Mick was too expensive for Haas, he smashed two cars to pieces last season. Haas can't afford that.

But I liked his battle with Max in Silverstone Wink

I don't like Toto, he seems to influence FIA too much, probably based on Merc dominance last few years. Christian isn't my favourite either, though. But I dislike Horner less than Wolff.

There is one thing I don't understand. Lewis likes to challenge himself but he always stuck with Valtteri as teammate, instead of accepting someone more hungry. My guess is he also pushed out Nico after losing to him in 2016.

Message 58 of 1,992 (912 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@P4st3l1ak Don’t think he pushed Nico out tbh. Lewis wants to win more than he wants to be challenged. He wants to be pushed so long as he’s the winner.

Drive to survive is one of the reasons I really dislike Horner. Example. When he accuses Toto off playing or the cameras. But many many times Horner he says you’re on Netflix. Look Netflix. He’s always aware of where the camera is. He dances for the cameras. Last year knowing Netflix were filming he watched a Toto being interviewed and he dramatically says that Toto doesn’t know 💩. He’s a media hog like his wife. Imo.

Then he says people Havnt got the balls to say it to his face. Next shot is him giving it to the Ferrari Boss(can’t spell his name) one off the most mild mannered guys in F1.. Didn’t dare do that to Toto or Zak brown who were the main accusers.

Because Gunther is comedy gold I do dislike Netflix seem to devote more time to him rather than others.
Message 59 of 1,992 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@ScarDuck14

I think Haas does it for income as well. That might be reason why they are shown more that others.

That's exactly the reason why I don't like Lewis. He has to be on front foot otherwise he acts like spoilt kid.

(you could, of course, say all 20 drivers are like that Wink )

Whole paddock is a hornets nest Wink

I liked Binotto for being composed and mannered, like eye of the hurricane in paddock, however, on the other hand, he felt like not having reins firm in hand.

I just don't like finger-pointing as an excuse for not being good enough, regardless who does it.

But you're right, Horner can be a real we-know-what quite often.

Message 60 of 1,992 (892 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help