Re: 2022 No cross progression from xbox to pc on apex legends

by EA_Mako

Original Post

★ Pro

@XHelperZ wrote:

@swift07 

I'm not here to attack you personally, I care about the information, from what I see, you haven't paid attention to the wording.

Your education is irrelevant here, there was also no reason for you to pull it up.

I'm up for a discussion, not some argument about education and so forth. 

(Using your education as an argument is just plain wrong, use the sources properly to make your arguments, this saves trouble for other users also trying to get to the bottom of this)

I feel like you're talking to me like I'm ignorant.  Not sure if that's how you usually talk to people, but I don't think many people will take that well.  

Message 31 of 36 (280 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks, just a reminder to please keep the discussion civil and on-topic.

Let's keep it focused on what's being discussed here rather than the people discussing it, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 32 of 36 (256 Views)

Champion

@swift07 

The marketing director did not make a mistake, it's all about the question that was asked.
The director replied to a question from an user, as indicated in my image, that user is asking for a rough estimate.

This means that the reply given was a rough estimate, not an exact timeframe of which they were sure to reach.
The director is not to blame, like mentioned previously, its the fault of users, news outlets and content creators that solely look at the answer outside its context.

This is why it's important to cite the original official statement, otherwise this happens.

Though of course, it's possible that this was meant as an exact timeframe, which in that case, it's on me, though as I can currently see it it's pretty much like that.

Typically if they have an exact timeframe in their mind they are sure of that they can reach, they'd release an announcement, though I can't confirm that.

Message 33 of 36 (223 Views)

★ Pro
@XHelperZ The director states a specific time. He does not mention it being an estimate. If it was an estimate, he would've stated that in his reply. If he does not state that it was an estimate, when it is, then he's doing a bad job communicating that to his audience. Representatives have to be very careful in choosing their words, in order to avoid misinformation.
Message 34 of 36 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I'm done with this.  If you don't understand, then that's fine.  I don't care to continue with this.  I have better things to do.

Message 35 of 36 (206 Views)

Community Manager

Likely as good a place as any to close up this thread for now, thanks folks.

There's understandably a lot of interpretation that comes into play when we have limited information on a topic, and it seems that's been pretty well covered here.

We don't currently have any updates on the status of cross progression, but once new information is available feel free to start up the conversation again in a new thread.

Mako.png
Message 36 of 36 (196 Views)