Re: 2006 Ford Crown Victoria

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

2006 Ford Crown Victoria

★★ Novice

Can we use or earn any of the police cars in game? Or is this a street racer only game

Message 1 of 11 (1,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

@DARTHxMAAL

I'd absolutely love this! As a person who enjoys playing as a cop and would love using the PCPD Cruisers and Rhino, I would gladly vouch for this suggestion. Hopefully we'll get these things, as well as a cop or SWAT uniform to add to the list of customizable outfits!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (966 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@DARTHxMAAL

I'd absolutely love this! As a person who enjoys playing as a cop and would love using the PCPD Cruisers and Rhino, I would gladly vouch for this suggestion. Hopefully we'll get these things, as well as a cop or SWAT uniform to add to the list of customizable outfits!

Message 2 of 11 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DARTHxMAAL

I really hate to be the one breaking this to you, but unless we get the car as a one of like we did in Payback, we won't be getting that car. Due to "not being able to play as a cop" for little to no reason. This coming from the person representing NFS, whom I now hate with quite some passion... Apparently, in an interview with a German translator he said it was "an interesting opportunity, but don't expect to see it at launch." This too is unsurprising and quite frankly bores me.

I'm really sorry, I had high hopes too, and already the disappointments are creeping in as they reveal more of the game. Such as the damage meter, such as the inability to play as a cop. My hopes are now riding on playing as a cop using a custom car in multiplayer (if there is one) and relatively good chases.

Message 3 of 11 (920 Views)

★★ Novice

A youtuber MrMnek stated this as being one of the cars available to us as the players in Need For speed heat but idk I wish they thought of the fact that there are people who really enjoy the police cars more than the typical street cars

Message 4 of 11 (857 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll try to find more information. I play on xbox one and I'm trying to figure out what other Need For Speed games you can potentially use the Ford Crown Victoria in. If you know of any please let me know as this is my favorite car

Message 5 of 11 (854 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DARTHxMAAL

Absolutely! I'll try my best. Nice to see someone who appreciates the Crown Vic.

So, you could previously get the Crown Vic in Payback (another NFS) however that was a limited time abandoned car, meaning not anymore.

Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox exclusive) allows you to drive and customise a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor trim, acquired by a roulette spin feature, it can also be bought at auctions.

Most Need For Speed games won't let you play as the Crown Vic, but some do. Hot Pursuit 2010 has one for the cop career, as well as The Run having a "Super Taxi" variant.

These are the most reliable examples I'm aware of, but I'm pretty sure there will be more. Hope I can help you!

Message 6 of 11 (841 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 Tecnically we have been able too play as a cop since 98\99, because then we had the first Hot Pursuit and High Stakes. Hot Pursuit 2010 is more and less a burnout game in my oppnion, then i rather prefer Hot Pursuit 2 since it is on closed tracks. But yeah we have not been able too play as cop, since Rivals in 2013 so yeah you are mostli right mate.
Message 7 of 11 (831 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BVBgamer88
I didn't say anything about the ability to play as a cop other than in NFS Heat, but you're very right! I tend to overlook High Stakes, but I'm aware of it and Hot Pursuit 1, 2, 2010. I didn't like HP2010 much due to it's handling and I would've loved to have backup units in that game, but no, so I can see why HS and previous HP games would be far superior in terms of gameplay.

Not being able to play as a cop since Rivals annoys me, but I'm fine as long as they give us the tools to play as a cop, such as with Payback. That Crown Victoria ended up being the reason why I even bought that abomination. Nonetheless, it's great playing as a cop with friends and others!

So if they won't give us a "be the cop" mode, we'll make them. If that doesn't work, we'll get them to add police vehicles. And if even that fails, we can always fall back on custom cop car wraps!
Message 8 of 11 (825 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Jacobba55 hey man I have listened to the german interview, first of let me tell you I'm a big fan a cop side in need for speed my first game in round 2002 was Nfs Hp2 since then I have loved every need for speed that has allowed us to play as the cop I read in another post that you hated the dark story behind rivals, but I frankly loved it I think it was a step up from NFS HP 2010 especially the cop story was quite perfect on how they wanted to show the racers that they aren't the ones in control the police system also worked better in rivals as you had live back up where the ai cops came in to assist you in bringing the racers into custody, hot pursuit 2010 as much as it was a great game it didn't have story behind it, and it didn't need a story it was hot pursuit they have always been like that any way back to the interview that person says" he said ummmm there is no playing as police in need for speed heat, he said it's an interasting oppurtinunty to play as police and don't be supprised if you see that but in need for speed at lunch there is no playing as police" thats what he said which is sad of course for us cop fans maybe they will add it as an dlc down the line and i really hope they do as be a cop dlc would be awsome just like crew calling all units! They already have police decals in-game I don't know why they put that there if they didn't have any plans for us to play as cops.
Message 9 of 11 (594 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RCPD62

Yep, you're very right. However, I'm not entirely sure whether they'll even add the actual cop cars as DLC. Their attitude and response to fans in general have both been heavily criticised, likely rightly so. I didn't take the plunge on Heat, but the reason why is a story for another time.

Maybe you'll get another cop based game, but I can safely say that if it's HP genre you're looking for, Heat isn't the game for that... HP, HP2, HP2010, and Rivals are!

Best of luck though! Enjoy your day, keep the feedback and amazing posts coming. I guess we can always wait for another game in 2 years, that's what I'm doing I suppose.

Message 10 of 11 (576 Views)