2 Versions of Anthem in my library.

by FadedWraith

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

2 Versions of Anthem in my library.

★★★ Novice

Hey Community,

Bought myself the Legion of Dawn Edition and was happy to wait till the 22nd to play.

Suddenly all my friends tell me they are buying Premier to play early.

I quickly bought myself the premier so I can join them and now I have 2 version of the game in my library.

I will not be keeping premier and will cancel at the end of the month.

But I am not sure which version I need to download so I don't have to reinstall the game after my premier ends.

Anyway to tell which version I should be Pre-load and which I should hide?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 15 (814 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: 2 Versions of Anthem in my library.

Community Manager

Sorry for the confusion all, any progress made in either version will carry over to the other. 

You'll have 2 tiles in Origin but only 1 install, as it stands now you'll be able to launch the one with the Premier tag on the 15th.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Standard smile

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (634 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion

@FadedWraith wrote:

Hey Community,

Bought myself the Legion of Dawn Edition and was happy to wait till the 22nd to play.

Suddenly all my friends tell me they are buying Premier to play early.

I quickly bought myself the premier so I can join them and now I have 2 version of the game in my library.

I will not be keeping premier and will cancel at the end of the month.

But I am not sure which version I need to download so I don't have to reinstall the game after my premier ends.

Anyway to tell which version I should be Pre-load and which I should hide?

Thanks for any help.

Does either of them indicate that it’s the Premier version? You could try installing the other one and hope the server lets you play early access because you have a subscription active. Alternatively, you could try to download the installer for the Premier version and back up the .viv file, then try to use it for the regular version (it may or may not work, but fundamentally they should both be the same Legion of Dawn edition).

Unfortunately, the only 100% way to be sure is to install both and see what happens.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 2 of 15 (803 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
One does have the Premier symbol in the top right. So shall install the other version and cross my fingers. Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 15 (799 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Hi everyone

I have this same issue. One of the versions clearly states that it is playable from the 14th, the other version from the 22nd.
I have another concern: what happens to my progress when my premier access ends?

Thanks for any help!
Message 4 of 15 (724 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I just asked ea customer service and they answer me that your progress won't be transferred to the full game (because apparently Anthem Access Premier and Anthem full bought game are considered two different games). Unfortunately I did the same as you, and I am enjoying the free games while I am waiting for Anthem, but there is no reason to play early access if you have already bought the full game. Apparently this happens with any games from the origin premier, your save just won't transfer if you buy the full game later. This is misleading because I saw another thread when they tell you the exact opposite (your save will be transferred).

Message 5 of 15 (699 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, this is very misleading as I have seen other posts that claim you keep your progress.

@EA_Ataashi  @EA_Alexander  can we please raise this up the flagpole and get a definitive answer on this?

Message 6 of 15 (687 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Very misleading

What's the point of early access in this case? I'm already paying more for wanting to play early and then I'm given 'two different versions' of the game... and losing my progress when I stop paying Access Premier basically?

Hope someone at EA clarifies this...

Message 7 of 15 (649 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry for the confusion all, any progress made in either version will carry over to the other. 

You'll have 2 tiles in Origin but only 1 install, as it stands now you'll be able to launch the one with the Premier tag on the 15th.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Standard smile

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 15 (635 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer!

I got one more question:

I have both versions as well and I would like to know if I need to re-download the full bought game version after my Anthem Origin Access Premier version expired next month? (I only paid the Origin Premier for one month to play early, but I have already bought the Legion of Dawn edition)

Message 9 of 15 (621 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@observors Nope. Downloading the Origin Access Premium version is all you need to do. 

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 15 (610 Views)
Twitter Stream