2.15.2019: An Update From Respawn

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Re: 2.15.2019: An Update From Respawn

★★★ Newbie

Pretty sad that Treyarch the company who isn't even supporting their game has a better anticheat system than you do. This hacker problem is even on the Xbox One because how bad your anti-cheat system is. I have come across so many hackers to the point where I am about to abandon this game and company and never look back. You also need to rebalance ALL of your weapons in the game. They either need to be all lethal or they all need to be weak. I am getting sick and tired of being insta-killed when I have shot them way more and consistent than they are. There are so many issues with this game so I am not even sure if this game itself will even last. It will rise more and then tank when people realize how many hackers there are. Just got out of a game where someone was using a head shot aimbot.

Message 21 of 48 (508 Views)

Amazing news, Big things!

It would be nice to see a Q&A on Twitch Wink

Thanks to all tech wizards that are helping players :eahigh_file:

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 22 of 48 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
In general I think the game already runs a lot smoother ;-)
Message 23 of 48 (491 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Now there's a new problem. The game often lags for about a minute or so after landing
Message 24 of 48 (483 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BelieveItButters:

I think I understand what you mean, but let me begin by saying that I am a French Canadian, which means I always end up in North American servers filled with an ocean of English-speaking players. I’ve met more Spanish-speaking players than French ones. (That’s another story, but there are more Spanish-speaking people in my city than English-speaking ones, which is just fine BTW.) That makes “making new friends” really hard. I added an English-speaking guy the other day because he sent me an invite and liked my spirit, but he’s way better than me and I prefer to speak French, obviously…

As for gauging the level of toxicity and all, I think we should let that job to the team that investigates on the actual reports… They are the one who enforce the User Agreement, not us. I think that repetitively talking to a total stranger who ended up being your teammates by saying “Hey!” “Hey! You!” “Hey! You! Why did you make us land here, moron!” is pretty abusive, even if it is definitely on the least toxic end of the spectrum. I think it still deserves an investigation and—personally—a 12-hour suspension.

Seriously, talk like that to your friends if you know they can take it, but don’t talk like that to strangers! This could push them to suicide for what we know… Who knows?!

@VisualfEX: They could issue hardware suspensions and bans based on IP address, console ID, etc. I’ve been banned from websites like Monoprice because of my router’s MAC address (I hosted a TOR node once… NEVER AGAIN!). That would be a funny discussion between a dad and his son: “Son… The entire household can’t play EA’s games or Origin-hosted games because you can’t behave on the Internet… What about that?!”

Message 25 of 48 (443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This game is such a good game on Xbox thanks for the game really appreciate it ! You guys are really redeeming yourselves with the in game purchases just because you guys are giving me skins and coins I feel bad that I’m not giving you guys money! Definitely will be purchasing items soon As I get my feet wet more . Apex over Fortnite Any day ! You guys rock !!
Message 26 of 48 (434 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Please add an option for removing blood. I know it’s a rated teen (13+) and I am in that age range but blood is kinda iffy for me. I’m not bothered by it but my parents are and I like the game.
Message 27 of 48 (427 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DeathDemon6666 wrote:

Pretty sad that Treyarch the company who isn't even supporting their game has a better anticheat system than you do. This hacker problem is even on the Xbox One because how bad your anti-cheat system is. I have come across so many hackers to the point where I am about to abandon this game and company and never look back. You also need to rebalance ALL of your weapons in the game. They either need to be all lethal or they all need to be weak. I am getting sick and tired of being insta-killed when I have shot them way more and consistent than they are. There are so many issues with this game so I am not even sure if this game itself will even last. It will rise more and then tank when people realize how many hackers there are. Just got out of a game where someone was using a head shot aimbot.

Bye dude. Talking about tryarchs anticheat system.  Lmao. Go play your cod game and deal with their cheats over there.

As far as balancing weapons.... they are all lethal. I would suggest not using the light ammo and learning how to use the lever shotty. Again treyarch has the same thing. There are different level body armors. But most important. Light does les damage than heavy. Spend time in training room and play with all the guns. You will learn which ones are good and which ones aren't 

Message 28 of 48 (418 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bowi_QC wrote:

@BelieveItButters:

I think I understand what you mean, but let me begin by saying that I am a French Canadian, which means I always end up in North American servers filled with an ocean of English-speaking players. I’ve met more Spanish-speaking players than French ones. (That’s another story, but there are more Spanish-speaking people in my city than English-speaking ones, which is just fine BTW.) That makes “making new friends” really hard. I added an English-speaking guy the other day because he sent me an invite and liked my spirit, but he’s way better than me and I prefer to speak French, obviously…

As for gauging the level of toxicity and all, I think we should let that job to the team that investigates on the actual reports… They are the one who enforce the User Agreement, not us. I think that repetitively talking to a total stranger who ended up being your teammates by saying “Hey!” “Hey! You!” “Hey! You! Why did you make us land here, moron!” is pretty abusive, even if it is definitely on the least toxic end of the spectrum. I think it still deserves an investigation and—personally—a 12-hour suspension.

Seriously, talk like that to your friends if you know they can take it, but don’t talk like that to strangers! This could push them to suicide for what we know… Who knows?!

@VisualfEX: They could issue hardware suspensions and bans based on IP address, console ID, etc. I’ve been banned from websites like Monoprice because of my router’s MAC address (I hosted a TOR node once… NEVER AGAIN!). That would be a funny discussion between a dad and his son: “Son… The entire household can’t play EA’s games or Origin-hosted games because you can’t behave on the Internet… What about that?!”

A 12 hour ban for calling someone a morron. Cmon man. I mean I understand you are from Canada where your speech has been legally constrained because of whatever reason you want to give (people are too easily offended, people do not have the common decency to treat others with respect on an individual level so you needed papa trudie to make us some stupid law.)

It sounds to me like you are an entitled person who only wants a server for you and your friends to play with because you choose not to turn of voice coms that as you said "ocean full of English speakers" when you speak French.  So why bother complaining? The continent predominantly speaks English so idk what to tell you. It's the equivalent of me going to a German server and complaining that I camt make friends because I dont speak German or rather prefer my English and all the germans should be banned for speaking in English and "harassing me" by calling me a morron for a bad landing spot or bad aiming.... do yourself a favor. Turn off voice coms. Party with friends and use discord. I honestly cant believe that you think calling someone a moron should be suspended. There are much bigger fish to fry and much more degrading and actually offensive things to be called. Moron shouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Message 29 of 48 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BelieveItButters wrote:

A 12 hour ban for calling someone a morron. Cmon man. I mean I understand you are from Canada where your speech has been legally constrained because of whatever reason you want to give (people are too easily offended, people do not have the common decency to treat others with respect on an individual level so you needed papa trudie to make us some stupid law.)

It sounds to me like you are an entitled person who only wants a server for you and your friends to play with because you choose not to turn of voice coms that as you said "ocean full of English speakers" when you speak French.  So why bother complaining? The continent predominantly speaks English so idk what to tell you. It's the equivalent of me going to a German server and complaining that I camt make friends because I dont speak German or rather prefer my English and all the germans should be banned for speaking in English and "harassing me" by calling me a morron for a bad landing spot or bad aiming.... do yourself a favor. Turn off voice coms. Party with friends and use discord. I honestly cant believe that you think calling someone a moron should be suspended. There are much bigger fish to fry and much more degrading and actually offensive things to be called. Moron shouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

It’s not the word. It’s the repetitiveness. Abuses and harassment are characterized by the repetitiveness of the behaviours and the words. I thought I had made it clear in my previous comment.

Honestly, I don’t understand why you got triggered by me saying I was a French Canadian… All I say is that this might explain why I’m having a harder time than most North Americans to find users to add to my list of players on the PlayStation Network. You said you’ve “made 6 more [friends] since the release of this game” and proceeded to tell me I was the problem… I simply answered the assumptions you expressed about me.

Message 30 of 48 (490 Views)