Re: 1st Week of Season-7, what is your BP level ?

by Pure_Funk_Nugget

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@asukojoLevel 9 now, and probably just leveling one account instead of two also.

Message 21 of 52 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

My gut feeling is RIGHT ONCE AGAIN,  it GOT RESETTED !!! Frown

Lucky I knew this so I only lost 1 star.

Hope you guys did the same after see my warning.

Message 22 of 52 (523 Views)

Champion

Yeah...I mean i reached level 16 in the first week anyway, it really doesn't feel that much slower to me.

I'd only be a few levels higher on the old BP compared to what I am now anyway.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 52 (513 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@asukojo question, if I don't complete a challenge and lose a star then that's it ???
so I will never get to 110 BP lvl ?
Message 24 of 52 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@maximas1986 No, the stars are just a unit of measurement. You can gain as many stars as you can gain exp, but it’ll only stop being useful at lvl 110.
Message 25 of 52 (494 Views)

@asukojo Yea. I went from 8L 4 * yesterday to 9L 2* early this am, so guess I'll be losing 2*! I could have stopped at 9L exactly but that would mean I would have had to stop playing an hour early, and that wasn't really happining.

Now that I know it resets, next week may be a different matter depending on situation. Losing daily stars isn't too bad but losing weekly challenge stars might be a problem and an evening of fortnite may be called for to stave off their loss. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 26 of 52 (490 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q Your lvl 19 and claiming you havent played a lot? 🤣
Message 27 of 52 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Lolz not really xD. If you base that on other season playtime up by this point xD. I think I played less than 30 hours since launch of S7 :P. I think it might even be between 24-28 hours.

Compare that to preseason-S3 and by this point I’d already be at 50 hours xD. You guys are just slow! Get to killing ppl! Or just join hayhor for fun extravaganza
Message 28 of 52 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo losing 54,399 xp or cxp weekly, can't remember now, was neither here nor there last season.

Now taking away stars is a different matter, as stars are what good boys and girls get. So to lose a star is to imply you're a bad boy or girl. There lies the real error. Large smile

I am also minded of a quote from a popular pirate film:

"Take what you can!" Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 29 of 52 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Well, I'm level 16  as well, lost 5 stars but I don't really care, as I'm not worried about not being able to max this Season, especially if they give us 10 extra levels.

The previous Season BPs were the same , though. A player at 53999 / 54000 XP went straight to 0 / 9000 XP on weekly resets. No one cared about the loss of up to 53999 XP, for the simple fact that this wasn't very visible in the UI. And it wasn't a bug, if they would've kept that extra XP into consideration, players would've jumped up by almost 3 BP levels on each weekly reset.

My guess is that the "new" system is mostly updated UI and settings adjusted to linear instead of logarithmic advancement. it still relies on the previous Challenge Points internal currency. Maybe devs didn't have enough time to rebuild the entire system, or maybe they wanted to have the option to revert some of the changes easily and safely (avoiding forced level downs in case of more serious issues).

Message 30 of 52 (470 Views)