12v12 Team Vanquish

by Fork_x_Spoon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

12v12 Team Vanquish

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

There's been recent requests of Team Vanquish to become a 24-player game mode.

The good:

-more people playing Team Vanquish

-more action

-consistent match lengths (RN, it can differ from 5-15 minutes)

-less spawn trapping (spawn camping but when you respawn you're immediately trapped even though you spawned from the other side of the map)

The bad:

-even more unbalanced teams

-quicker matches (if you don't like that sorta thing)

-barren servers will become dominated by bots

-lag

Personally, I would love to see Team Vanquish become 12v12 though don't think its a necessity. If there were more players, sure, but with the visible decline of the player base with AI backfill and the removal of Mixed Mode, until there's more players, I'm not ready for a bot-dominated game mode. Plus, I'm sure nobody would actually start playing it if this were to happen; it'll just be nice for those who do play.

IMO, I would love to see it return (since it was in GW2), just until we get this game back on track.

Message 1 of 10 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 12v12 Team Vanquish

★ Expert

As the official spokesman for team vanquish, I approve this update...the more players and chaos the better...also bring funderdome into regular rotation.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (572 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@Fork_x_Spoon This would encourage me to play Team Vanquish more. Team Vanquish can be quiet at times, and the game can take a long time as a result.

I don’t know why, but the word C O N S are filtered.
Message 2 of 10 (623 Views)

★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 Yeah, once a team gets wiped out, you just camp the middle until they come from the other side of the map. Matches like these become boring and take longer than they do.
Also, I edited it to say "the bad" since I guess they don't like the word *.
Message 3 of 10 (596 Views)

Champion
@Fork_x_Spoon There have been some matches I have played of Weekly Event Team Vanquish variants, where you can’t even find anyone for such a long time. More players would counteract this to an extent. I definitely notice this when I pick up the Crystal Dog in Power Team Vanquish.
Message 4 of 10 (579 Views)

★ Expert

As the official spokesman for team vanquish, I approve this update...the more players and chaos the better...also bring funderdome into regular rotation.

Message 5 of 10 (573 Views)

★★ Pro
@Fork_x_Spoon I don't like 12v12 in the first place, it's just not competitive.

So, I don't approve this.
Message 6 of 10 (551 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon I think this could be great! They should have a weekly event to test this Standard smile!
Message 7 of 10 (531 Views)

★ Pro
@Gormey The original one or the one with the changing layouts? I thought the weekly game mode was trash because they used the smaller one.
Message 8 of 10 (506 Views)

★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon Not sure I only ever played funderdome in a weekly event but it was small...I like action and chaos.
Message 9 of 10 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@GutmanSca  I’m not a majorly competitive person, but I still like to do well. If there is a challenge and I do well against my opponents, I’m satisfied. Standard smile 

@Gormey  You are correct, the Funderdome in the Weekly Event was the original one, and the small one. Thumbs up

Message 10 of 10 (459 Views)