Re: 10 rank games to get a start rank in BR

by EREGDS

Original Post

10 rank games to get a start rank in BR

★★★★★ Guide

The problem of smurfing in rank is very annoying and hard to counter...  Master players can smurf and start grinding from bronze to master all over again multiple times in a rank split just for the fun of feeling like the king of Apex all split long.

But you have the solution!!

You require a 10 game to get a rank for every split of Arenas!!

Simply do the same for Battle royal Rank!! We do 10 games and get a rank a bit lower than our caliber so we can grind a bit each split.

Message 1 of 6 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Agree?

Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Palette24carats Great idea. Also they could increase the level requirement for ranked to at least 100. We need tier demotion protection to be removed as well.
Message 3 of 6 (174 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Palette24carats one more solution is to not allow demotion below 2 tiers. If you make Preds/Master once, you don't go below Plat. Diamonds not below Gold. (one demotion is already 1.5 tier)

Rank placement is a good idea but I don't think it would suit a BR. You could complete 10 games in a 5 minute window if you wanted to.
Message 4 of 6 (165 Views)

★★ Guide
@Palette24carats dude a person who is (sick) willing to dunk on lobbies (I guess that's the term used in the game now) will just do badly in these 10 games and still get to B4.

You have to work with people's egos, values, conscience or just implement strict rules like paid accounts and stuff. The rest will be just a clutter and a fence you can easily climb over.
Message 5 of 6 (153 Views)

★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp the problem with smurfs is usually the case that a person is not willing to suffer or he/she get boosted to a certain level and just keep that account as a flex machine while actually playing on his/her skill level on a secondary account.

In my experience, most of the cases are like that followed by cases where a person is just somewhat mentally sick and wants to show his/her dominance too much e.g. I used to have a player in my list who was regularly getting into D4 (barely), had ambitions of getting a Master (which he does not deserve even closely) so he created a smurf account which he deliberately did not push past Gold and was dunking on people getting 4k and 20 badge stuff just to please his ego. That's just a community of Apex and out of control situation with hackers in Diamond+ lobbies.
Message 6 of 6 (152 Views)