Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

10 minutes into todays stream

by Demonseid
Reply

Original Post

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★ Apprentice

My big issue is they’re wasting time fixing issues and adjusting things that really should have been sorted in beta testing. 

Message 21 of 30 (190 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★ Pro

@Demonseid wrote:

Sure you can compare it to a game that released a few years ago to a rather new genre OR you can compare it to today's standards, they arent hard to find... You can look up Destiny 1 Division 1 Destiny 2 mistakes..easy to find on YouTube and see where they went wrong and NOT make the same exact mistakes, only slightly worse, This is more along the lines of Fallout 76 bad.

 

So you can try and circumvent all you want. Anthem is a pre beta game at best and with the way they are releasing their temporary content it will stay that way for its short life span.


Different code, different IP (nothing to do with the net) so most of your argument is irrelevant.

Message 22 of 30 (185 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★ Apprentice
Wait.. giving Haluk a shirt is really an issue? O.o
Message 23 of 30 (183 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★★ Apprentice
Yeah, what's up with Haluk and this shirt stuff? I can't even...
Message 24 of 30 (157 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★★★★ Apprentice
There was some useful information in there, but by the end of it I had vivid flashbacks to the famous " 2 tokens and a blue" scenario that one of the Destiny streams shall be forever ridiculed for.
Message 25 of 30 (155 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01 

 

So you are telling me that Anthem and any previous games of its genre have to be of the same IP and same NET code to be able to compare releases and basic gaming practices?

You statement is irrelevant. At no where did I sat that they were the same game.

 

Let me break it down for you in kiddie terms. Div 1 Destiny 1 and 2 Vanilla Diablo 3. These are all loot based games where the loot is the focus. They all have the same thing in common, Still with me here?, They all had terrible launches due to the same problem...1) Content for end game and 2) Loot drops that were non existent or made absolutely no sense at all.

Now given that Anthem is a loot based game and the world has this amazing tool called the internet, also given the fact BioWare is not a new company that has been living under a rock for the last 16 years, BioWare had the opportunity to do a little research and see what exactly went wrong with these titles at launch and had the option to not make those mistakes.

 

All they had to do was a little research OR even a little critical thinking. They are a gaming company so I find it very hard to believe that BioWare had no idea of how these games were at launch. My comment is 100% relevant. -sigh-

Message 26 of 30 (132 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Demonseid wrote:

@Haruchai01 

 

So you are telling me that Anthem and any previous games of its genre have to be of the same IP and same NET code to be able to compare releases and basic gaming practices?

You statement is irrelevant. At no where did I sat that they were the same game.

 

Let me break it down for you in kiddie terms. Div 1 Destiny 1 and 2 Vanilla Diablo 3. These are all loot based games where the loot is the focus. They all have the same thing in common, Still with me here?, They all had terrible launches due to the same problem...1) Content for end game and 2) Loot drops that were non existent or made absolutely no sense at all.

Now given that Anthem is a loot based game and the world has this amazing tool called the internet, also given the fact BioWare is not a new company that has been living under a rock for the last 16 years, BioWare had the opportunity to do a little research and see what exactly went wrong with these titles at launch and had the option to not make those mistakes.

 

All they had to do was a little research OR even a little critical thinking. They are a gaming company so I find it very hard to believe that BioWare had no idea of how these games were at launch. My comment is 100% relevant. -sigh-


@Demonseid  "Kiddie terms" may be helpful for you, I need no such assistance. I understand perfectly what you meant, it wasn't all that complicated. If you had any understanding of coding you would realise its not as simple as lets do this and hold down a big red button while making a wish as the engines are different, the coding is different and how changing code affects other sections of code differently.

 

I would also point out that the games you put forward in your argument were not the first of their genre so how do you explain the problems they had given your rationale that if a problem happened before in a different game why should it happen in subsequent games of the same genre. In my opinion your argument is naïve and argues against itself. If only your naive statement was worth anything, imagine all the different software programs that would be bug free and perfect from the get go if it was as simple as you suggest, it isn't. Still with me here?

 

To claim that your comment was 100% relevant in your mind holds no weight except for you, and in my opinion the comment is irrelevant due to its naivety.

 

I personally think EA/Bioware did a LOT (really caps are unnecessary for emphasis) of research as I find a lot of pleasant differences to games of the same genre, you seem to pick on trivial things that have already been addressed and advised that they will either be fixed soon or are being looked at. 

Message 27 of 30 (130 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★★★★ Apprentice

So please explain to me... What does coding have to do with the way loot stats are on loot? What does coding have to do with end game content? What does coding have to do with missing features that should be in the base product of any shooter looter /  RPG game.

 

You keep equating this argument to coding , only I have not mentioned one thing that relates to coding. I never said they were the first of the genre. So moot point there...What I did say is that they had plenty of references of how NOT to release a game. but they were to lazy or to cocky to go back and do a minuscule amount of research. 

 

Now if you can tell me how my argument of worthless loot stats on gear, worthless endgame content or lack of end game content and how simple the research was into how not release a game of this genre has any way to do with the coding, we can possibly have a discussion about this, but simply stating "the coding is different so your argument is irrelevant" isnt a counter argument

Message 28 of 30 (122 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★★★★★ Apprentice

@nobody424242 wrote:
@Zemerickthank you for breaking down that absurd post .....haluks shirt...sheesh

If "breaking down" is the same as "forcefully trying to defend bare-minimun game/patch because of personal feelings of anger and the need to be heard" then yes, thank you.

Message 29 of 30 (122 Views)

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

★ Guide

@SalarianLawrence wrote:

@nobody424242 wrote:
@Zemerickthank you for breaking down that absurd post .....haluks shirt...sheesh

If "breaking down" is the same as "forcefully trying to defend bare-minimun game/patch because of personal feelings of anger and the need to be heard" then yes, thank you.


I'm not "defending bare-minimum game/patch", and spoke nothing at all of my "personal feelings". I stated simple facts, and moved on. I even agreed with you in places, and had 1 where I mentioned something even worse. There's no point what so ever talking about what you think could have been ( when you didn't work there ), or what went wrong, or why isn't this or that in the game. We're here and now. We need to talk about what to do now ( including if you don't like it, leaving, maybe getting a refund if you didn't really play, and thinking twice about future game purchases. ), and what to do going forward. ( Yes, including adding all new, big and interesting content. Fixing the many gripes we all have. Clarifying opaque mechanics. )

 

The patches may not be the biggest and best things since sliced bread, but they ARE moving things forward. They have also clearly shown they are listening to us ( though also careful not to blindly throw whatever we demand in without a second though. ) and are working to improve the game. We need to continue to give them useful feedback, or decide it's best to step out and move on.

Message 30 of 30 (79 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help