Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: 10 minutes into todays stream

by SalarianLawrence

Original Post

10 minutes into todays stream

★★★★★ Apprentice

And I have already decided I will not install Anthem this go round. You guys are not adding content. You are rehashing content with "a harder difficulty"...You guys don't get it. Why...why....why are the vanity chests a temporary event...

Do you guys really have nothing ready for this game? You tout going to the forge and not having to go through a loading screen as a big improvement... this should of been in the game at launch.. wtf.

Didn't even bother to finish the stream.. It said nothing worth watching. Still no stat page.. why? 

Thank god for The Division 2... Anthem devs take notes on how it should be done.

Message 1 of 30 (798 Views)

★★★ Guide

Take notes from division would look like this.

Release a broken game, fix game for a couple years

Release a new game with all the fixes from the previous game.

Anthem seems to be on the right track.

"Anthem 2 Dominions Revenge" in 2 years.

Message 2 of 30 (773 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure you can compare it to a game that released a few years ago to a rather new genre OR you can compare it to today's standards, they arent hard to find... You can look up Destiny 1 Division 1 Destiny 2 mistakes..easy to find on YouTube and see where they went wrong and NOT make the same exact mistakes, only slightly worse, This is more along the lines of Fallout 76 bad.

So you can try and circumvent all you want. Anthem is a pre beta game at best and with the way they are releasing their temporary content it will stay that way for its short life span.

Message 3 of 30 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Some of the things they said they will add really should've already been in the game (like FOV adjustment) and the stream was pretty...unclear, they just prattled on so much that all the info was kinda buried in * and you have to dig it out. Atleast some bug fixes and performance improvement (alledged). Most of the stream they "read" chats and answered some (prolly pre-decided) questions :

If some of this is wrong, correct me.

Like,

FOV adjustment: Will be added (for PC only), is it normal novadays to cheer a company that manages to add that to their game month after the launch? :D

Elysian Caches: Get keys from legendary missions and open caches at the end of Strongholds as I understood it. Sound anything like LOOTBOXES to which you have to use KEYS to open, watch the microtransactions inc...

Rerolling inscriptions in legendary items: No mention.

New story: "the cast is doing new motion capture things so yes more story", 2 hours? 20? And when, didn't give any date or timetable.

New Javelin: Not coming, they said "YOU WANT NEW JAVELINS ALREADY? NO WAY MAN" Literally.

Downgrades: No mention.

Scaling: ?

Giving Haluk a Shirt: No mention.

Luck: "We are looking at luck and thinking about it, nothing to share." Great, thanks. Nothing happening to it in this upcoming patch.

Legendary missons: Adding like 3? There should've prolly been more than 6 missions in the game already, but a step into right direction, next time put enough content in at launch.

New Stronholds: Didn't hear anything about this in the stream, might've missed it. Predicting 1 Stronghold / 2 months, which is bad. Should be like 20 them in the game already.

Crystal Walls: Those things that block you in strongholds, they said something about fixing it but then also said "You can just respawn" so...

Vanishing Enemies: Said they kinda fixed it. I think.

Raid: No mention.

More customization: Interceptor and Colossus will have some cosmetic crap after this patch, no clear time given.

There was more minor smalltalk and whatnot joking around, he looted a chest in the stream and got 3 epic items and 1 blue, twitch chat died.

Just have to wait 'till this thing hits the servers and see for ourselves.

Message 4 of 30 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is it just me or do the people hosting the stream seem extremely disinterested. Like they dont even want to be there?

Message 5 of 30 (751 Views)

★★★ Guide
Dude they have a * road map that is how they will release content. Mind you unlike division it's also free. Take a break fir a few months then come back. Honestly the amount if STUPIDLY entitled ppl who want all content now as if it's easy is *. Dont like the game, dont play. Bored, take a break. No need to come here and try and make your self look important without offering VIABLE feedback.
Message 6 of 30 (746 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What you are saying is hypocritical and a load of BS

My eyes are open I see whats wrong with the game there is no excuse.

But Anthem had a lot of hate from the start.

The Devision2 also bugged mobs stuck in walls and vehicles.

Same type events.

Hold point, Collect, Huge armoured end boss

And this is rehashed over and over and over again

Not sure what you are talking about

@Loki_Deezie could not have said it any better.

Message 7 of 30 (718 Views)

★★★ Guide

@iluran wrote:

What you are saying is hypocritical and a load of BS

My eyes are open I see whats wrong with the game there is no excuse.

But Anthem had a lot of hate from the start.

The Devision2 also bugged mobs stuck in walls and vehicles.

Same type events.

Hold point, Collect, Huge armoured end boss

And this is rehashed over and over and over again

Not sure what you are talking about

@Loki_Deeziecould not have said it any better.

No body likes to mention bugs and issues in other games. It's almost like all games have issues and bugs.

And yo the guy saying 20 strongholds....you can leave now that's the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Do we need more than 3, yes, something like 7 would be more fitting. But 20? I need what ur smoking.

Message 8 of 30 (693 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Loki_Deezie wrote:

And yo the guy saying 20 strongholds....you can leave now that's the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Do we need more than 3, yes, something like 7 would be more fitting. But 20? I need what ur smoking.

Weed but that won't help you with lax standards.

Message 9 of 30 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow all thats left in this game are the apologists... its ok though. I come here to voice my opinion on a dying game. Devs don't even come to their own forums. 

I have left constructive feedback. You guys can complain about people that complain all you want. The results are in my dudes. Anthem = broken with no hopes in sight of any content worth while.

The Division 2 feature rich, overall good user and metacritic score, stats say it all. 

Good day. 

BWAHAHA

Message 10 of 30 (671 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help