Re: 10 Days, and over 25 hours, for 1 win...

by CrazieAtesPS4

Original Post

10 Days, and over 25 hours, for 1 win...

★ Guide

YES! Those are the numbers it took me to get my first win after the end of the Control Mode. 

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous!

Game after game after game I'm paired with people that have no purpose being matched with someone like me, because they are new and slow and don't have a clue what they are doing when it comes to every aspect of the game. Looting, pinging, everything! 

For instance, just 2 days ago I was on a team that landed at Storm Catcher with no other teams around. We loot the entire area quickly and then our Loba puts down her Ult for some reason. And i'm thinking ok, wasted Ult but it's not the end of the world. I don't even bother to use it since I was fine and ready to go find some action. I ping "let's go" over in the area of Command Center and start heading that way. I loot the pills outside and notice my teammates are still wondering around Storm Catcher. Lo and behold, the Loba puts down ANOTHER Ult in that area 🤦‍♂️ 

Needless to say, we died quickly and easily. And that's just one of many horror stories I have over the past 10 days...

This either has to get addressed or you are just going to lose some of the player base that cares and has invested hours, days, weeks, months, and years into your game because they truly love the gameplay aspect of it. Or at the very least make a public statement about the matchmaking since so many of us are screaming at the top of our lungs about it. 

Message 1 of 14 (736 Views)

Champion
@CrazieAtesPS4 While I agree people with vast skill gaps shouldn't be paired together, when you noticed they were not coming what did you do?
Message 2 of 14 (708 Views)

@CrazieAtesPS4 

Maybe if your teammates are slow you should slow down to their speed.

it’s not always their fault.

on the flip side they are probably thinking omg why is this player pushing on their own.

food for thought.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 14 (704 Views)

Champion
@Asmodeus566 Basically what I was thinking. Personally, I'm somewhat of a chameleon when it comes to my randoms. I tend to just adjust to their pace (if I'm solo), and have decent success. If I have at least one buddy with me, we usually expect our random to roll with us, but it just depends on who it is. We try to get a read on them early on, so we know how to mesh. Team work makes the dream work!!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 14 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@CrazieAtesPS4As someone who can hit masters/pred at will, I can totally relate. If I play pubs, my teammates will be new players, extremely bad players, the enemies will be 3 stacks, and nothing but players diamond-pred/master level. I just do no fill and play trios or duos now.

Message 5 of 14 (669 Views)

@dSKyNafinchin 

Fully agree with you and that is basically me way of doing things when I am not playing with my set team.

the OP @CrazieAtesPS4  should take a page out of your book here.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 6 of 14 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I feel when you get a big skillgap with your randoms in pubs this happens loads, and problem is if you slow down you get bad habits for when you hit ranked and hance you get worse at ranked. Its a loose loose situation for all parties. The matchmaking segments have to big spans right now I get matched with people who have good weapon skills but looting is insane, I can go to the toilet when im done in an area and get back before the team moves, and placement and rotation strategies are horrible, I think that K/D has way to big impact this season or something on matchmaking.

Message 7 of 14 (625 Views)

★ Guide
@hayhor I usually sit in a safe area reasonably close by waiting for them to do whatever it is they are doing, while occasionally trying to persuade them with a ping or two.
Message 8 of 14 (504 Views)

★ Guide
@Asmodeus566 I don't push without a team very often at all. I'm too intelligent to do something like that since it would be an instant throw for the game.
Message 9 of 14 (503 Views)

★ Guide
@dSKyNafinchin YES!!! I play the same way...Not sure why so many of you think I'm going to do the one thing that drives all of us team oriented solo queue players up the freaking wall lmao

Doesn't mean that I like playing like that cus I don't. But I will go slow, or I will push hard...whatever vibe my teams puts out is where i set my throttle of gameplay.

Me playing that way is a major part in my anger for the matchmaking and this game currently though. So much wasted time only to find out your teammates don't know which way to hold the gun lol
Message 10 of 14 (491 Views)