1 air vehicle per team need changing.

by Knifekilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

1 air vehicle per team need changing.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So back at launch, they decided to make 1 jet or heli when everyone was new to the game!

But now after liz and her badass rockets and soon-to-be rail weapons and a ton of ground support wiping out the air support,its just a joke seeing 1 jet or heli being un utilized in a battlefield game. Why are they so afraid to give us more air vehicles and make the game more fun, I really think there just dead against fun, and are obsessed with balance 

It just kills me to play a bf game without multi-attack helis and fighter jets.

Is there any real balance in a bf game anyway?? Portal is the only place to make 2 jets and 2 helis and all hardcore run and gun maps,jet only .Or farm ville.

Bring back the helo jets from battlefield past and let us have some air warfare

(Removed all caps and change the title to reflect the conversations better) - Atic 

Message 1 of 21 (817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ! 1 AIR VEHICLE PER TEAM IS A JOKE/DEVS MUST OF STOPED PLAYING THIS GAME!!

★★★★★ Expert

Today's patch makes the jets independent from the helicopters as a choice.

I believe this thread has found its solution

View in thread

Message 19 of 21 (703 Views)

All Replies

Champion

There should be more vehicles of all types not just jets and helis.

Map size, design and layout should dictate how many and what type of vehicles are available rather than a generic template.

Big wide-open maps like Hourglass should have the maximum number of vehicles possible.

Something like (per side)

10 Light vehicles (jeeps, quads, etc. etc.)

8 Main Battle Tanks

2 Wildcats

2 Little Birds

1 Stealth heli

2 Attack Choppers

2 Transports

2-3 Jets

Smaller maps like Stranded should have less obviously.

Something similar to what we have now.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 21 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Knifekilla Keep an eye out for a portal mode called “All Our Superiority”. It’s an official mode at least, and is bonkers fun. It’s on right now. Seems to show about every 6 weeks. Shows what the game could be, to the extreme lol
Message 3 of 21 (789 Views)

★ Expert

Weird, because I was playing Renewal yesterday and I saw 3 enemy choppers creating havoc over our US flags yesterday.

Pretty sure at one point they had a stealth, a nightbird and a Transport chopper in the sky at once.

Message 4 of 21 (767 Views)

Champion

@Tank2042Man 

Probably because some smooth-brain window-licker jumped out of it and let the enemy team steal it.

Me and a buddy stole an attack helicopter a coupla days ago after the enemy pilot jumped out and then we actually killed him with it, lol.

We then proceded to wreak havoc with it.

I assume his team was super impressed with him.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 21 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Knifekilla they are supposed to make it so that there will be both a heli and a separate jet slot in a few days
Message 6 of 21 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'd like to see DICE come up with a way to get air vehicles more involved with playing the objectives.

As it stands air vehicles are just playing TDM.  Unless you are a pilot that's willing to camp the spawn menu I don't think they add much fun.

Message 7 of 21 (707 Views)

★★ Guide
@Knifekilla I have always maintained that the vehicle spawn system from BF4 where the amount of vehicles are dependent on the type of map you play. That was the best system as you always had a good balance (apart from Siege of Shanghai, no counter for the attack heli). You had so many big maps on BF4 with the appropriate amount of vehicles focused on armoured warfare and it didn't feel like a meat grinder at all.

I don't understand what the devs thought on BF2042 when you have 128 players on a massive map but only 1 jet or 1 main battle tank.

Dice just need to implement the vehicle spawn system from BF4. Get rid of the vehicle categories, bring back the small icons for vehicles in the spawn screen, and have the amount of vehicles based on the size & map you play.

Trouble is though, nearly every BF2042 map is the same in its design; initially poorly designed huge land based maps. There isn't much variation when it comes to vehcile gameplay, and there are very few maps overall compared to BF4 varied maps. So basically every map you play on BF2042 will feel the same due to the amount of vehicles and the overall design of the maps.

Bigger isn't always better.
Message 8 of 21 (691 Views)

★★ Expert

@Ironhead841 

according to your list you could have

• 40 players sitting in light vehicles which will most likely mean at least 10 vehicles with 30 or 50mm cannons
  • 32 players sitting in tanks
  • 8 players sitting in wildcats
  • 8 players in little birds
  • 6 players in stealth/attack choppers
  • 16 players in transports
  • 3 in jets

so at worst you would have 113/128 players sitting in vehicles.... now i know you will not have every vehicle packed to the max but just imagine the sheer amount of explosive ammo spam from the 10 light vehicles....

Message 9 of 21 (666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so there is hope only a year later.lol

Message 10 of 21 (661 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help