Re: 1.1.1 Patch Notes Discussion - Live 04/16/2019

by asukojo

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@gg123xyz wrote:

whats ads mean? and i think caustic is better at 10 percent, hes cool now before he was an old man. but gibraltar, man he gets hit where wraith doesnt and those hits add up! his dome isnt useful like caustic traps are in cqc, all gibraltar in cqc is his health and tiny shield that takes time to pop up. even giving his shield more health would be good so it buys him at least another second in a room with a person with a semi decent gun. like 120 more health to the shield which is like two wingman shots or longbow shots. give him a threatening shield and now gibraltar is useful.

I agree with that. Caustic is better than Gibraltar in 1 vs 1 situations and close quarters because he has abilities that are quick to deploy and are also useful in combat both inside buildings and outside, too. I still don't think he is anything like as good as Wraith or some of the other Legends.

But poor old Gibraltar has his shield which is a bit naff and his Defensive Barrage is only useful outside.

I wouldn't even mind if Gibraltar didn't have any changes, though, as long as the other Legends had to rely on him in some way.

Perhaps, if Gibraltar's 'Dome of Protection' healed health and/or repaired shields squad mates would be more likely to stay with him. Plus his 'Defensive Bombardment' should deploy much, much faster. Perhaps, if these changes were implemented, they could even swap the abilities around so that the dome was the ultimate ability and the barrage was his tactical ability.

Message 41 of 47 (693 Views)

★★ Pro

its a nice idea to be gibraltar and stay with your team but you learn over time to trail your team.

i know my aim is bad. a healthy person with low sensitivity could aim 100 percent better than me.

but for whatever your point is your not 100 percent correct either, you know, your human you make mistakes so i take your opinion with a grain of salt. Standard smile

Message 42 of 47 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Remember Gibby was being rescued by his dad, that's why he likes to rescue in Apex.

But today, Gibby dome is useless since if enemy sees his dome is up, they know Gibby is reviving/healing/recharging, they simply charge in for an easy kill. It doesn't give any protection.

Today, teammate looks at Gibby as a fat boy who is useless, easy to die, and has to keep revive him, always left behind, has to protect him, basically drag the whole team.

If we modified Gibby dome shield so enemy can't go in/out, teammates would like to stay close with Gibby for protection.

Here are some of the scenarios, With modified dom, when Gibby sees:

1. Teammate under fire, they could go inside Gibby dome for protection, the enemy can't go into dome and has to wait the time to expire. Teammate can use this time to recharge/heal. If the dome is inside a corridor/room, simply run another direction, the enemy can't follow, acting like a wall (defensive way to use dome)

2. If the enemy is inside dome when deploying, they get trapped inside while friends can bail out. We can use this time to run away or simply surround him from many directions so when time expired, it's shooting party (offensive way to use dome).

3. Teammate down, he throws dome to his teammate who is bleeding, revives them, gives a short time to recharge/heal itself since enemy can't go in (Gibby in rescue).

If Gibby can give protection, teammates would like to stay close with him and willing to protect him as well since they know Gibby will protect & rescue in return.

If you like to be protected by Gibby, give some XP, please.

Message 43 of 47 (654 Views)

★ Guide
ei.. i think the color of GIB's shield make its harder to aim ... -_- hmm?
Message 44 of 47 (591 Views)

★★★ Guide

What did they do to the spitfire, I can see they reduced mag size and damage, this gun though is completely inaccurate since the patch.

Message 45 of 47 (551 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jcs2380 wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

@Jcs2380 wrote:

They needed to buff the ammo capacity of all the other weapons not nerf the capacity of the wingman and spitfire. This game doesn't need any nerfs.  Snipers needed a buff but not to leg shots.  A buff to the headshot multipler and the base damage for snipers would of been nice.

So what you want really is a faster TTK? The Wingman nerf was the best fix for that weapon. Keeps it's damage but you have to reload more frequently until you get extended mags, and even then the clip is smaller than it was. Same for the Spitfire. I was tearing with it after the nerf. Just got to be more acurate and make your shots count.

I played for hours last night and found the changes fantastic. Not tried the snipers yet though but I can see Respawns thought process.

They have also said they can jump straight in to tweak things if it looks like it's to far out of balance.

I would definitely like a faster TTK. I don't want the TTK to be to as low as those COD games where it takes like one shot to the toe to get a kill. I do think the TTK needs to be a lowered a little bit though.

I think if connections were stable, TTK would feel more consistent. I put a lot of the issues people have with this game down to connection/server problems first and foremost.

Some game feel smooth with crisp hit detection and feel, while others I can be dropped from distance in no time at all (almost like receiving damage dealt all in one hit) and my gun feels like it's shooting Nerf bullets.

I like what they have done balancing wise, but audio, hit reg and lag are the biggest issues to be addressed for me... asap. They have acknowledge these issues and are working on them which is the main thing.

Message 46 of 47 (528 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BoaFang7 wrote:

What did they do to the spitfire, I can see they reduced mag size and damage, this gun though is completely inaccurate since the patch.

Base damage down from 20 to 18. No recoild change though.

Message 47 of 47 (525 Views)