Re: 1.1.1 Patch Notes Discussion - Live 04/16/2019

by IGuruDevI

Original Post

with so many hacker (especially after patch) playing, more than 1 hacker in every match, I feel like I'm in the minority (normal player)

Message 21 of 47 (714 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

0 update about cheaters. we face cheaters in every match. even you can't get proof when watching them because they just disable their aimbot. i thought they are going to to hide spectating view eye because it just usefull for cheater. they disable their cheats.  your season pass is very hard i bought it and faced mosty cheaters in my gaming life and still you ban their account , not their system. gg

Message 22 of 47 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Payne-TK 

Hello Payne,

Your words really inspired me.

Respawn truly is a very good developer. They are very careful, nothing jerky, nothing scary. They balancing the weapon stats in a very careful way.

Also players. They " buff " the anti-cheat function very carefully, nothing really powerful had made for reporting cheaters.

And they " nerf " the cheater base very carefully, nothing powerful to nerf down the cheaters, so they are still active, the Douyu cheaters, ugly name, always active.

The devs didn't do much about it, maybe pretend not to see them, because they are so ugly, maybe they are lack of guys, Respawn don't have enough guys to deal with this Douyu group from the other side of the Pacific ocean.

Message 23 of 47 (684 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for buffing Caustic! The nerfs and buffs are pretty great too. Thank you for keeping the game balanced!
Message 24 of 47 (680 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Starting with Patch 1.1.1, Gibraltar and Caustic will get a new perk added to their passive - Fortified**, which reduces damage taken by 10%.** Over the week or two following this change, we will be watching how they perform with this additional protection and aggressively tune it if they are still underpowered relative to their size. Our goal is to ensure both Legends are viable picks by the end of this process.

•  

(Source)

16 games 17 deaths 0 kills as Gibraltar, all games were played tonight... i will continue to play tonight and upload compilations of every gibraltars death using this new found 10 percent passive to Gibraltar. my message is 10 percent is muy bueno for caustic but not enough for Gibraltar, maybe 30 percent passive damage reduction is needed because 10 percent isnt enough..;

Message 25 of 47 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

They needed to buff the ammo capacity of all the other weapons not nerf the capacity of the wingman and spitfire. This game doesn't need any nerfs.  Snipers needed a buff but not to leg shots.  A buff to the headshot multipler and the base damage for snipers would of been nice.

Message 26 of 47 (617 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jcs2380 wrote:

They needed to buff the ammo capacity of all the other weapons not nerf the capacity of the wingman and spitfire. This game doesn't need any nerfs.  Snipers needed a buff but not to leg shots.  A buff to the headshot multipler and the base damage for snipers would of been nice.

So what you want really is a faster TTK? The Wingman nerf was the best fix for that weapon. Keeps it's damage but you have to reload more frequently until you get extended mags, and even then the clip is smaller than it was. Same for the Spitfire. I was tearing with it after the nerf. Just got to be more acurate and make your shots count.

I played for hours last night and found the changes fantastic. Not tried the snipers yet though but I can see Respawns thought process.

They have also said they can jump straight in to tweak things if it looks like it's to far out of balance.

Message 27 of 47 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Silz616 wrote:

Although hit reg, audio and slow servers was top of the list for me, I'm happy to see these changes and see how they improve things. All very positive imo. Drop ship speed increase could be a stroke of genius!

Thanks for keeping us informed. I for one, appreciate it.

The bad hit registration and not hearing enemy footsteps are the biggest problems I have with this game. Bad hit registration, projectile weapons and low ammo capacity is a not a good combination. Increasing the ammo capacity of all the other weapons in the game would of  helped. Nerfing the Wingman and Spitfire wasn't the way to go imo. The drop ship increase  and changes to the gold weapons was nice though.

Message 28 of 47 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Silz616 wrote:

@Jcs2380 wrote:

So what you want really is a faster TTK? The Wingman nerf was the best fix for that weapon. Keeps it's damage but you have to reload more frequently until you get extended mags, and even then the clip is smaller than it was. Same for the Spitfire. I was tearing with it after the nerf. Just got to be more acurate and make your shots count.

I played for hours last night and found the changes fantastic. Not tried the snipers yet though but I can see Respawns thought process.

They have also said they can jump straight in to tweak things if it looks like it's to far out of balance.

I would definitely like a faster TTK. I don't want the TTK to be to as low as those COD games where it takes like one shot to the toe to get a kill. I do think the TTK needs to be a lowered a little bit though.

Message 29 of 47 (469 Views)

Community Manager

@gg123xyz wrote:

16 games 17 deaths 0 kills as Gibraltar, all games were played tonight... i will continue to play tonight and upload compilations of every gibraltars death using this new found 10 percent passive to Gibraltar. my message is 10 percent is muy bueno for caustic but not enough for Gibraltar, maybe 30 percent passive damage reduction is needed because 10 percent isnt enough..;

Looked like a rough night for you playing as Gibraltar, but if you're not used to playing as a specific Legend there will be a learning curve on how to best utilize their abilities and adapt your playstyle to compliment the rest of your squad. Every Legend has their own niche in Kings Canyon. For example, you might want to be more defensive with Caustic hiding out in buildings compared to Pathfinder where you want to be out in the open on ledges. 

Here are a couple things I did notice from your video:

1. There were times you dropped into the game and died right away. This happens to all Legends when you're dropping into a hot zone and loot doesn't go your way.
  2. In multiple clips you didn't have any armor. You'll get knocked down rather quickly with all Legends when you're not shielded up.
  3. You died a couple times in the process of throwing your dome of protection. The enemy had the drop on you while you were transitioning back to your weapon.

I would consider the things above just plain bad luck. One thing I do recommend after watching those clips is to stay in tighter formation with your squad. You don't want to get caught in 1v1 situations as Gibraltar and ensure the rest of your squad can use the dome of protection to their advantage too.  

Personally, I would try stay on the inside rim of the dome of protection. If you are rocking a Peacekeeper or EVA-8 you can pop in and out of the dome at enemies. If you're in the middle, I consider that "no-mans-land" and the enemy can do what I just said above to you instead.

Hope you have some better games today and we love the feedback we're seeing in here from all of you. Keep it coming!

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 47 (553 Views)